Skip to main content

Hello - fairly new to lighting; have been using a variety of DMX-controlled LED fixtures for a while and recently bought this dimmer pack to control some standard lamps as part of a stage setup.

Problems straight out of the box - anything plugged into channels 1, 2 or 4 turned on immediately, regardless of whether unit was powered on via switch. Anything plugged into channel 3 was off.  LED panel appears to work as designed (able to switch modes, set channel behaviors, etc.). Completely unable to control anything via DMX (using QLab software with USB-DMX adapter) - tried as part of a larger setup (all other fixtures in chain responded normally) and alone; DMX terminator used at end of run just in case.

Per manual, opened up unit and found that Ch. 3 fuse is blown. Removed fuse, and found that unit now appears to be receiving DMX commands - when set to Ch. 1, LED brightens and dims in response to software commands - however, no change at output - fixture plugged into Ch. 1 remains at full brightness.

So, my dumb question - is this expected behavior for a blown fuse for this unit?  If I replace the Ch. 3 fuse, should all outputs begin responding normally, or is the board likely fried?  (everything looks good on a quick visual inspection - no obviously blown resistors, etc.) Trying to figure out if I need to box this up & return.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.