Skip to main content

I recorded two cues. One on fader one and one on fader two and I'd like to be able to use my korg nano kontrol midi controler to fade in and out of each cue (fader one is set to one set of colors fader two is set to another). When I have both fader buttons activated, regardless of being faded all the way down on the first cue, the second wont display.

Is this something that's possible to do / is there any easier way to do what I'm describing? Or will one cue always over power the other when multiple fader buttons are set to on?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

it's the korg nano kontrol.
It's not a problem with the kontroller as far as I know. It appears to be something within the software that's not letting me do what I'm trying to do. Either I'm not setting up the cue correctly or it's not possible to do this.

I'm using the latest version of the software on mac osx 10.6.2 on a macbook pro.
Sounds like you are running into tracking and LTP issues. LTP (Last Takes Precedence) means that whatever you triggered last, the fixtures take their values from that. Since you are fading between the two lists and not actually triggering the cues, the values come from whichever cue triggered last.

Try switching the cues over to HTP (Highest Takes Precedence) which says whichever value is higher, that is the value used.
You have to edit the cues to fade in or fade out. There is also a delay option there. click on your cue button on the side till it lists your cues/ and find the one you want to add fade times too and then select edit. Then a list should appear with your steps and you should see.
cue, Position Label,Condition,Delay,Fade in, Fade out. Mess around with those times and see how it works.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.