Skip to main content

Tried to use emulation program last weekend for a gig. Had everything working great in my garage ahead of time. During the show, the lights would simply blackout. If I unplugged the USB cable from the computer and then put it back in, everything would work again for a few minutes, then repeat itself. The lights themselves would have flashing addresses when not working, so not getting a DMX signal. My computer is MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS 10.8.4, emulation v 1.3.40.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Screen saver not on. I have set up my system in my garage again. It was working fine for a few hours. As I was physically adjusting a fixture, the lights flickered and then went out. When I would unplug the USB cable for the DMX and plug it back in, the lights would be back on but only for a second, then most of them flicker and they go out again. I did unhook the fixture that I was playing with when the lights went out, rebooted everything but that didn't help either. I thought about reinstalling the software, but when I go to options and do that, it just says I'm up to date with no option to reinstall.
I got it off the elationlighting website. I downloaded it to my wife's Macbook Pro which is newer than mine. Because it is unverified third party software, I had to use the control button to open the disc image. That window shows the Emulation icon, release notes icon and a thumbnail for applications. What would be my next step?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.