Skip to main content

We've been using an Elation Pro 1024EC DMX/USB interface for a while now, and yesterday the lights went out and wouldn't respond.

I started troubleshooting, and decided to reload the drivers. When doing so, it seems the operating system won't recognize the controller correctly anymore. Only the middle LED will light on the controller as well.

It's Windows XP SP3, and device manager shows "Unknown USB Device" for the controller. What should it be identified as when installed correctly?

I've tried using "Compu-Drivers.zip" from http://www.elationlighting.com...s/Compu-Drivers.zip, but the OS tells me the selected location doesn't have information on the device.

I've also tried ela_2006.zip, and no luck there either.

Am I using the wrong drivers here, or has the interface gone south on me?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hello,

it sounds like the interface might have been plugged into a different USB port and the drivers got uninstalled. what you need to do is uninstall the interface from the computer and try reloading it. you can go to the device manager and right click on the unknown device and uninstall the drivers. once you do that go ahead and restart your computer. when it comes back on plug in the interface and it should reload the drivers automatically. make sure that the driver folder you downloaded is unzipped and on your desktop.
Thanks Jesus. When I tried that, the OS finds the new device and installs it as an Unknown USB Device without ever going through the add new device wizard. there's no prompt during device detection to point it to a driver, it's automatically choosing the unknown USB device.

When I try to update the driver manually in DM, and point it to the folder with the downloaded driver files (extracted from the zip file), I get the message the location doesn't contain information about the hardware.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.