Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Example: House lights are run with 7 NSI DS8-24 dimmer packs. (this does not include our elation lights) I just added these dimmers to Compu Live. Back to the example. When a scene is set and ready to create a button for it (House lights full on) when clicking the OK, all house lights go out then come back on (dip). I had noticed this with the intelligent lights in the past, but that was not controlling every light in the house and causing a total blackout for a second or so. I have noticed this is the pattern in the 3D viewer also with an off line (no DMX box). Does this explain what I am getting?
many thanks and glad to be on the forum!!
Hey Joel,
I actually do not have this problem... Can you explain at which step it is dipping the lights? Is it doing on the initial new scene where you select ok, or ok and edit, or is it doing it after you edit the scene and click save?

Even though I can't get it to do it on mine, I will give you some thoughts.

First, I keep my house lights and my stage lights on separate sub pages. My moving lights and leds are on the master page. I have found with this option that if I screw up on my master page the house and the stage will not go dark.

Second, when you are creating a new scene in the master page during a service, select the empty option and click OK. This will create that new scene, but will keep the program on the scene you are currently on. Next, you can hold down Ctrl and click on the button you just created. This will open up the edit box, but the changes will not be seen until you save and then click on the scene again.

Let me know a little more about the issue you are having, and maybe I can help you out a little more.

Justin Massengill
Tech Director
New Life Ministries
Ahhh yes it is wen I save a scene after modifying from the fixture page. I will test with an empty scene tonight.

thanks.

Ok I am expanding. lol cant say newbe seeing we have had this for a couple of years now, BUT I have not had that much control until now with DMX. So the newbe question. how do you make a sub page? And I actually only did the blackout one time and learned my lesson. dont make changes during service!

again thanks for the pointers!
Sub pages are the fixture pages.

Joel, to set up with the sub pages, just the use the fixture page for the dimmer packs on the house lights. I have the majority of my screen reserved for the master page, but the house box and the stage lights box are docked on the left side of the screen with just 4-5 small scene buttons each.

Also, make sure your sub page for the house is not linked to the master page.

Justin
Ok the empty scene works. I will have to get my team to learn to setup this way!! thanks

Justin, Let me see if I get this right, you have all your house lights on one page and that paged is not tied to the Master, then you have a page of stage lights, also not tied to Master. Then the Master is for your intelligent lights?

thanks
Joel
Right, I link my color changers and leds to the master also.

It makes it a little harder creating a scene blind in the empty mode, but you can just write down a list of some of the dmx settings for certain positions and refer to them if need be.

Also, if there is a time I want my house, stage, and master page to change at the same time, I just program hot keys and they will all activate with that key.

Justin
Last edited by ebaclights
Justin,

Well all went well yesterday using the "sub paging" with hot keys except our Power Spots were acting up. I had to drop them off for now because they were moving XY on their own for some reason. Not sure just yet what was causing it, but that was not a big loss. The positive was the first full control service without anything major happening! And I was even able to tweek lights during service without causing an problems!

Thanks for all your help!

Joel

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.