Skip to main content

Ater 8 Proms I'm finding that my software has some short comings. This may not be the exact terminogly but here goes.

After you set up some scenes and set the dance floor x y or what I call the parameters that the light will go, this is where it falls short. Every scene for that night will stay within those xy or paramaters.

I would like to have one scene shine on the walls and maybe another scene on the ceiling. But once I set the xy (in page, settings, channel and then x/y) I'm locked into that setting for the rest of the night, unless I change them on the fly.

If anyone knows of a simple way to do this please let me know. I'm more than happy to learn something new. Why can't we set the xy (parameters) for each scene, I know someone might say they have 100 or more. But if we could set those and save each for "that" scene it would be great.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Jerry how come you just don't program a bunch of scenes with those pan and tilt settings where you want them. The function of the X/Y in page settings is to limit the area that the pan and tilt will go or not go. Another good option to have is if you have a scene that sweeps the dance floor and you get to a new venue and you want to adjust the size you can turn on the live toolbar button and that will allow you to set the size dimmer and speed of any of the scenes on that fixture page. right click on the blue upper title bar on your fixture page (where it says the name e.g. vizi spot led) and select live tool bar button. Let me know if you understand this.

Side note: This is fixed in the next generation of compu live software called "Compu Show" it lets you set up position palettes.
Sincerely,
It could if you limit the pan and tilt range to just the dance floor in the Page settings> channel> X/Y. Which is why I don't really use that feature. If I want to limit my pan and tilt I will program them that way. What you could do is reset your X/Y settings that way you have a middle ground for if you want aerial scenes or dance floor scenes. Make sense? Let me know.
Sincerely,
Ok. what that function does is it limits how far your fixtures can pan and tilt. And it effects ALL scenes in the page. You will NOT be able to pan or tilt outside of the area that you adjust in the large red square. This can be good and bad. If you mis-calculate your settings you will not be able to hit certain marks. I personally never use this setting.
The "Take buttons" are the buttons in the picture I posted above. (Large grid with buttons labeled 1-8) These generate automatically on every fixture page if there are pan and tilt channels. what you do is click on say 1 and it will move fixture one's pan and tilt on that page. you have a number icon for each fixture you have patched in that fixture page. The take buttons are used to either over ride your pan and tilt position on the fly or to set up your positions when programming scenes based off the fixture page.
Let me know if this helps clear up any confusion. Also let me know if you have any more questions.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.