Skip to main content

I have purchased a lighting biz to add to my VJ show. It came with many toys. One being the compu ware 04(club) interface. What is the most current free package and paid package I can use with this interface? Preferably that will run on win7 64 with touchscreen... What are its capabilities? I tried the manual download from here, but adobe insist its corrupt and won't open it. Is there any firmware level i should be checking or flashing?

Thanks in advance, I really can't wait to get all these lasers to dance..

-b-
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I picked up one of these blue boxes and I was hoping to use it on my MacBook Pro Laptop (Summer 2010 / OSX 10.6.3 / 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7)

Is this possible; if so, what software would work the best? Also, is there another software company out there that supports Compu Ware 04 (club) interface such as Chameleon (http://www.maclightingsoftware.com/shop/blog-posts/new-usb-dmx-interface-design?web-page-id=3)?
So... if I end up using a PC, I need to download the above file (December 21, 2007)? Is there a new fixture library that would better than the stock fixtures profiles that came with that particular 2007 version?

I am trying to get the following to play nice:
4 High End Trackspot
4 Martin 518 pro
4 American DJ Par64 LED
2 Martin Atomic
1 Martin Wizard

Thanks again.
If you get a windows machine then you must get a 32 bit either XP vista or 7. Most new machines are only 64 bit and the 2004 model interfaces drivers are not compatible on a 64 bit windows OS. Why not just get the new Compu Cue Basic?
It is a nice interface with similar features to the compu club 04 and it will work on 32 and 64 bit aswell as both compu live (2006 version) and compu Show (Newest most advanced 2011)? all those profiles should be in the latest install. But feel free to browse my dropbox for the files you need.
http://db.tt/cprkAML (tip: click on view as list)
Hope this helps.
Sincerely,
I have an older PC laptop and I need to know what is the best software version to use to operate Compu Ware Club (blue box). Laptop specs: Dell, Vista, Intel, Pentium Dual CPU, 1.47 GHz, 2038 MB Ram and 32-bit. I downloaded the files you suggested and was plagued with issues such as English language being blocked and then the Elation info page not removing after installing and blocking the view of the program. I read that there were a few security measures embedded to ensure people bought Elation's dongle. If I provided the dongles S/N# could I get a useable version?
Thanks for the link. However, it looks about the same file size as the one I downloaded yesterday and had nothing but issues with it. First the language options did not allow me to choose English and then I had an Elation info "splash page" that sat right in the middle of my monitor screen making the program useless. I will attempt again, however I spent over four hours trying to get it to work last night. Hopefully I do not waste my time again. I just want to see if I would like using a DMX software program and do not think I should have to jump through Elation’s hurdles or buy a new one to accomplish this task.

If it doesn’t work tonight, I do not think Elation to support my future needs.

Thanks again,
Jingles,

Thank you for your patience and guidance.

I removed all remnants of older versions and reinstalled the newest download that you provided and so far so good. I am getting ready to test a few lights using the presets and test it out for a few hours. I do not have any scenes/programs built for my lighting yet. Do you have any preprogrammed scenes laying around for (4)Trackspots, (4) 518 pro, (1) wizard, (1) atomic 3000, (4) ADJ P64 LED. I would like to see how they are built and work backwards. Also, do you have a profile built for an American DJ Flat Par Tri7? I will keep you posted on my experiences. I really want/need to learn how to control my lighting.

Thanks again!
Again, thanks for your help. The splash screen is no longer hindering my view I just need to learn a second language when I plug in my dongle  Once I get the hang of the interface the language barrier will not be such an issue. However, is the anything I can do to fix this situation? Thanks for the profile build for the Flat Par Tri7 I will try to test them out when I get home. I am sure I will have more questions.

Thanks again!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.