Skip to main content

Ok, I've learned basic DMX programming with a DMX operator. But I find it very difficult to try to run a live show with a band using this console.

Here's what I want. After the scenes are set, is there a console that can repurpose the faders to be used as dimmers for the preset scenes? In other words, if scene 1 is an all red wash, I want fader 1 be a dimmer for this scene. So if scene 2 is blue wash, controlled by fader 2. Now I can manually crossfade between them, or add together as I want.

It's a simple concept mimicking, the old school analog dimmer consoles.

I think the Show Designer boards can do this, at least that's what the video on the product page implies, but I can't find any mention of it in the online manual. Can anyone confirm this? If so, I'll buy one tomorrow!

thanks for any input.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok, so call me an idiot, but I do not want to to use the faders to control external dimmer packs. I want to directly fade a static scene.

LM try to be perfectly clear.

I select all my back line Thinline Pars. I make them all Red by turning up Slider 1. I save this as scene 1.

Now, on playback, can I now select scene 1 and smoothly face it in and out with fader one? (If reassigned to control scene 1)

Does this make sense?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.