Skip to main content

Just received our order of the new Design Brick 70 II.
The DMX modes in the manual don't match the modes on the fixture. Through trial and error I've figured out:
Color control - 5 CH MODE (DEFAULT)
Color prog - 8 CH MODE
Color_Saturation Hue Intensity CT - 4 CH MODE
Color prog. Hue Saturation CT - 11 CH MODE
Group Control - 35 CH MODE

My questions,
What is Pixel Grouping, and how does it work?
I have a remote that we bought with our Design Bricks v1, will they work with the II (v2)?

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

all good questions.. will investigate.

quote:
Originally posted by wbrown:
Just received our order of the new Design Brick 70 II.
The DMX modes in the manual don't match the modes on the fixture. Through trial and error I've figured out:
Color control - 5 CH MODE (DEFAULT)
Color prog - 8 CH MODE
Color_Saturation Hue Intensity CT - 4 CH MODE
Color prog. Hue Saturation CT - 11 CH MODE
Group Control - 35 CH MODE

My questions,
What is Pixel Grouping, and how does it work?
I have a remote that we bought with our Design Bricks v1, will they work with the II (v2)?

Thanks
Pixel grouping is the ability to control each section as a pixel. It let's you basically turn a stack of them into a low res LED video wall, especially if you are using a media server of some sort (Catalyst, Axion, etc). That is not to say you can't take the time and program the same effect without a media server, it would just take forever. The effect would basically look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...2qRI&feature=related
in order to do pixel mapping, you have to run the fixtures in full channel mode (IE: 32 channel light has each section RGB or what not) then, in a mapper it uses each rgb section as ONE pixel of an image/video... give you an idea, most computer monitors now run in atleast 1028x1024 pixel resolution. so it can be used as a very low resolution image or video....or, like most use it for is when you do a color fade or swirl, it knows which pixels to use for which colors in the fading....here is a quick youtube video of an example where you use pixel mapping across LED lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtQ9Yz2iEj8

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.