Skip to main content

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the boards and looking forward to learning some new stuff. My question begins here...I have two Design Spot 250s (the originals) that are both showing error messages. Both show ER01 (pan) and the other is also showing the ER03 (tilt).

I'm not sure whats wrong with the pan but I think the problem starts with the reset. Once it gets the error it wont move at all. I can push the unit though (as if it were bumped) and then it will reset and move under its own power back to the original spot. So I know the motor and belt work but I can figure out why its showing an error.

On the tilt issue, the unit makes a lot of noise and bounces up and down trying to move but it seems like it never "grabs." Not sure if this is descriptive enough but any help would be great!

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Searching the boards I found a better description of what my light does under the tilt error:
"...during the initial setup when it was first plugged in, the head started to vibrate when going through the tilt test along with a slight clicking noise. When complete, the fixture was stuck at the initial tilt point and would not move. When I tried to control the tilt from my DMX operator 192, there is a loud clicking sound and the whole fixture is vibrating so it seems like something is trying to move inside but its being blocked somehow. I tried the fixture as stand alone and it is having the same issue trying to run through its preset programs. When the fixture is not plugged in and powered up, the tilt moves back and forth just fine. Any ideas what it could be?"

That is the exact issue my units have really with both pan and tilt
I checked the sensors and they look to be clean. On one unit, the entire plate underneath is bent so there is some slack at certain points on the belt which is causing the reset problem.

As for the other unit, Ill double check the connections as everything seems to be perfect inside.

Any reason as to why the tilt may not work? I am located in Southern California I was wondering if it were possible to drop them off for service? Thanks Gines!
Took the whole unit apart...switched at the PCB board in the bottom of the unit that controls the tilt/pan motors and no avail. I switched out the two sensors for the tilt and still nothing.

As far as the pan is concerned, should I be able to see a magnet on the giant wheel? The sensor that is near it is somewhat lose but I don't think it matters. I haven't been able to locate the sensor though.

Thanks for the help and if I can fix it this week then Ill be dropping it off sometime later this week for service.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.