Skip to main content

Hey guys,
I had requested approximately 18 Tri Pars in a quote for our new church building. I recently came across the Design Wash Leds and I am considering maybe going with some of them in place of the Tri Pars.

I will not be using conventional lighting, it will be all led and discharge fixtures.

My question is, for the downstage truss which will be approximately 10' away from the stage, would I be better of going with the Led Pro, or the Led 60? In other words, how does the Design Wash Led 60 compare in output to the Tri Par?

Thanks,
Justin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, the Designs will blow away the Opti Tri. The LED 60 has 180w of LED behind it and the LED Pro has 324w of LED behind it. The Opti Tri has 54w for comparison.

Size wise, the DWLED 60 only has a 15 degree beam vs the 25 degree beam of the DWLED Pro and the Opti Tri. Keep that in mind, because you will need more DWLED 60s to wash a stage then the other two fixtures. Also, the Opti Tri is using tri-color LEDs, so no color shadows. Not sure if this is an issue or not for your application, but something else to keep in the back of your mind.
They will probably add a 4th color shadow unfortunately.

I love the tri-color stuff. And something else to keep in mind is generally your front light doesn't have to be has powerful as your back and side light for effect lighting. Stuff on the ground shooting into the air for air effect has to be the most powerful since it needs to cut the haze along with all the other light on stage.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.