Skip to main content

We have an Elation DLED 60 Strip WA II and for the past couple of years we've never had a problem out of it but recently it's started to flicker on 3-5 of the LED bank/sections. At first it did it all the time (full intensity, no intensity, half intensity) but now it only does it when the light is not at full intensity. Usually when something like this happens we just unplug the fixture and plug it back in later, on this fixture, that did not help. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They always have power running to them but we turn off the lighting board when we aren't using it so the lights aren't always on. We cannot kill power to all of our lights, we have just over 20 lights in our contemporary service and just under 90 lights in our sanctuary, so killing power to all of our lights is not possible nor logical as it would take entirely too long to kill power then turn the power back on when we need them. That being said, we have plenty of Elation lights in both services and have had them for many years and have never had a problem resulting from constant power. We've had a few professional lighting companies/people look over our facilities and they have never seen a problem with leaving constant power, as well as in purchasing these lights, we have never been instructed to kill power to them when they aren't in use. That being said, I took the light down, looked at the pcb boards (all of them) and they all looked physically fine, no burn marks, not dark spots from overheating, no places where connections have come undone, nothing out of the ordinary. I switched two of the boards to see if the circuit would alter the led spasms, in doing so I noticed each pcb board powers 8 led banks. Logically, if a board was still good, all 8 led banks in order would work flawlessly. From this assessment, I established NONE of the pcb boards still work at full strength. For this reason, I am now uncertain of how much more life we will receive from our other Elation fixtures in the same venue. Most of the lights we use in the contemporary service are Elation. This frightens me that in only 3 years of use, at basically 6 hours a week of use, my lights may be done for. I can only hope that I will not have to replace all my Elation lights soon because of faulty/poor/bad pcb boards.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.