Skip to main content

Ok, another stupid question from drew. So I am super new to lighting, and dmx, so this is prolly pretty simple, but it is frustrating. First: do fixtures with sequential address have to be physically next to each other? Or, can they have other fixtures cabled in between. An example would be of my current setup, two global truss stands on both sides of the stage, each with 4 par 56s, a dimmer, and a Martin Mania SCX500, and then a Martin magnum hazer. So when I created pages for the fixtures in compuware, i did it all together, like first the hazer then all the pars, and the scanners, but do I need to go back and forth across the stage with long cables so they are in order? Or would I have to create lots of little separate pages in compuware. I am not sure this is making sense or not, but I am kinda confused.

Question two: Termination. When I was testing all my lights, i had my martin hazer at addresses 1 and then all the other stuff. In the last dimmer I plugged in a terminator, but when I fired everything up, the hazer just went nuts! Like the fan was running, when it was supposed to be off, and when I wanted haze it would not shut off, and all kinds of random crap. I unplugged the terminator, and it started working perfectly. What gives? I thought i hear that you were supposed to terminate the last fixture in the setup?

Thanks all.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hey drew! 1) no you can have it all mixed up if you want you just have to address them where you want them is all.so you can have like 2 scanners and two moving heads and have it go scanner head scanner head instaed of feeling like you have to go scanner scanner and then the 2 heads.
2) try putting the hazer as the first in line or maybe try going from lights to haze then back to lights in your line. understand? peace! jingles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.