Skip to main content

hey all i was gettin ready to use my lights today and when i went to hook my usb led light into the unit(my dmx op 192) i tried to put it in but it was the wrong way and i went to take it out and the unit went black. turned itself off and won't come back on!!! i am prob. gonna have to send it in huh? my main concern is will my programming be gone if this is the case??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What's up Jimbo, I can't believe this happened to you.
Frowner how did you put the USB light backwards?
Anyhow, you can open it up and take a closer look at the inards, just don't try to do a service job on it.
Take a look at what may be wrong, if anything is burnt, smell it and or look for a fuse.
If its burnt, you will need to send it in.
i was a lil tired and i forgot which way the port was suposed to go in. im sorry man it hapens to all of us man!!! i will take a look when i get a chance and i will call u up or somebody from support. u think maybe as long i don't have to solder anything u can send the replacement parts and i can do it myself or with phone assistance?? u know i am capable jon. jingles!!
Jingles

If you get the board repaired I would label or mark the plug on the lite. so it would never happen again.

I hope its not too bad
If it is not under warranty
If the power supply is good.
The usb has two power pins they might have just got bent. Look in side the plug in the board. If you can see contacts and look for any crossed or missing ones.

C/ya

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.