Skip to main content

I am a mobile DJ working in various venues through the Southwest United States. My equipment is as follows:

1 atmospheric rg led
2 fx fusion bar 5
2 UV led bar 16
2 Mega Pixel LED
I just purchased the DMX Partner, and am having trouble hooking them up. I also have a DMX DUO, and I am wondering if I should go through it first...any help would be appreciated.

Chuck Serventi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello,

I am very sorry to inform you that the DMX partner and the DMX Duo are BOTH recording controllers. You will need a primary controller to get these products to work. The primary controller will send scenes/shows into the DMX partner and it will record what you send. If you purchased the DMX partner with out scenes or shows it will not do anything. I am sorry about this. My email address is JoelChen@americandj.com. I can further assist you with this if you need. thanks.
Thanks for you assistance. I purchased a DMX Operator to take care of my needs. I have read through the user manuel, and have two questions:

1. Can sound mode (Audio Bank)be activated before I set up any scenes? If not, what is the quickest way to use the DMX Operator for a show with the fixtures I have (please see initial thread)

2. Is is better to set each fixture on its own scene, then develop chase patterns, or is it better to set them up in banks and then develop chase patterns bank by bank.

EX: I am thinking about each scene having seperate types of fixtures (scene 1 with the Atmospheric, scene 2 with the fusion fx5, scene 3 with the uv leds, and scene 4 with the mega bars) then combinations of 2 (scene 5 atmospneric & fusions, scene 6 atmospheric & uvleds, you get the picture...) then two seperate scene sets of 3 then one scene of all four different types, totaling 14 different and unique combinations. Would it be best to set each fixture with 8 different patterns in each scene, then using the banks as the different combinations...

Sorry so winded, even though I am a newbie, I am motivated to get this done. If there are any shortcuts that you can suggest to me to help, I would truly appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Chuck Serventi

quote:
Originally posted by JoelC:
Hello,

I am very sorry to inform you that the DMX partner and the DMX Duo are BOTH recording controllers. You will need a primary controller to get these products to work. The primary controller will send scenes/shows into the DMX partner and it will record what you send. If you purchased the DMX partner with out scenes or shows it will not do anything. I am sorry about this. My email address is JoelChen@americandj.com. I can further assist you with this if you need. thanks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.