Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nope.

I'm not sure what the value of naming a scene is anyway. You have to know what it is going to do before you press it anyway, i.e., you won't see the name until the lights have already changes.

I can't imagine coming up with hundreds of unique names for the different settings either.

For these reasons I've found the naming scenes feature of the M260 to be worthless, and wouldn't be worth much more if it would retain the Scene Name.
I use the first one in the row at a starting point in a song title. It lets me know what song I am about to pull up. If you have the master down you can use it to make sure you start on the correct scene instead of guessing or writing it down. I use abort 15 to 20 scenes per song and the band plays them in a different order every night. No set list, so I can call up a song before it starts. My shows are also done manually not programed or timed as a song because they may play it different depending on how the crowd is reacting.
You've got some creative and good approaches to handling you show. Naming something would be important.

Assuming you are talking about a M260 a way to solve your problem is to make a Show for every Scene [a Show can consist of only one Scene]. You would need to name the Show only once and could change the Scene(s) of that Show all you want and the name of the Show would stay the same.

BTW: Your approach might work a little better if you used the Blackout button instead of pulling down the Master Fader. With the Blackout button you leave just a little lighting on while you are changing scenes. You would have to go into the profile editor and change the "blackout" value to something higher than 0 [I use 15] on selected (or all) of the fixtures. If you have multiple fixtures using one profile, and want all but a few to go black when the blackout button is on, you could save and load an alternative profile for the fixture which is the same as the other except one profile has a 0 blackout number and the other has a higher number.
quote:
Originally posted by Hobson:
Nope.

I'm not sure what the value of naming a scene is anyway. You have to know what it is going to do before you press it anyway, i.e., you won't see the name until the lights have already changes.

I can't imagine coming up with hundreds of unique names for the different settings either.

For these reasons I've found the naming scenes feature of the M260 to be worthless, and wouldn't be worth much more if it would retain the Scene Name.

Agreed! The naming function is cumbersome at best but it really would be nice to be able to edit and have it retain the name, after all editing is supposed to be quick. I think useability is a big issue with what I've seen so far. The software for example is not intuitive at all and unfortunately the hardware follows suit. Someone really needs to work with the programmers, that would make a world of difference IMO...

Jack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.