Skip to main content

Hi all !

i have made a big mistake with my Magic 260. I think i have delete the firmware. When i siwtch on the controller the display is only blinking. Can someone help me !!!

I was in the menu firmwareupdate and press yes not no. After that i siwtch off the controller an on again and the firmware was gone :-(((( NEED Help please !
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sounds like you may have corrupted the firmware and you're in what appears to be a non-recoverable state.

See if Service/support responds quickly. Otherwies, and if it was me, I'd call Support for help on this one and take GOOD notes so you'll know what to do should this ever happen again.

Oh, and I hope for you this sort of problem never happens again. These sort of problems really suck.
quote:
Originally posted by GTV:
Hi Chris,

with help from a very good guy a have fix the problem. I am a tv and radio technician and at the moment i have press the button i was know that was WRONG. But Shit sometimes happen. Best Regards
Big Grin Hi i do have the same problem has you did w/ my console it blinks to; no firmware. it is gone wonder if you can lent me a hand w/ my problem please? Big Grin Big Grin
In such situations, and as much as Elation Support DOES read this forum, this is a situation where you just gotta pick up the phone and call them up.

Suggestion for ALL:
Whenever doing a firmware upgrade, please have as much as possible the following options:
1: UPS battery back-up for all involved elements, generator or other hot-switching solutions to ensure no disruption in power.

Read the instructions TWICE before even trying a firmware update.
First read: familiarize
Second read: Take notes
Print, write notes, make checklist and DO NOT SKIP steps.
Finally, you may attempt a firmware udpate, using the checklist. Check each step as you go.

Some equipment, and I'm not naming names, makes or models(but I am dealing with NON-Lighting gear) often has a recovery mode in the case of firmware upload and screw-ups, as well as fail-over recovery methods in the event of total firmware disaster with a very bare bones OS that is only sufficient for getting firmware into the unit.

When I upgraded my analog audio console's firmware, I had a UPS on the console and the laptop running on a freshly charged battery. No chances were taken. It went fine. Took less than 3 minutes.
quote:
Originally posted by jorge cornejo:
quote:
Originally posted by GTV:
Hi Chris,

with help from a very good guy a have fix the problem. I am a tv and radio technician and at the moment i have press the button i was know that was WRONG. But Shit sometimes happen. Best Regards
Big Grin Hi i do have the same problem has you did w/ my console it blinks to; no firmware. it is gone wonder if you can lent me a hand w/ my problem please? Big Grin Big Grin

I have this problem also how can I get it working again?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.