Skip to main content

In This forum you can discuss tips, tricks, and troubleshooting for Elation's Next Generation Compu Live software, "Compu Show".

OK, I'm running into DEEP problems and I need a solution. This is NOT normal and this strange thing should have a solution. But in case someone else is having a similar issue, I take this public. Please note I do not think this is a shortcoming for CompuShow.

The big show I am working on, well, they added 5 scenes throughout the timeline. There are THOUSANDS of scenes and switches in this show, and I really don't want to do massive moves one at a time if I don't have to. I also have to work from the back and move forwards, which makes this even more difficult if I have to work this way.

This is what I'd like to be able to do. I'd like to be able to select a big block of scenes and/or switches and then drag them down the timeline. I don't care if I have to do this one scene line or switch line at a time, but if I could do a shift-click type of deal, that would be fantastic.

Please understand, it took me 3 months to do this in the first place and now I have a month to redo this whole thing over some stupid stuff they shoved in there for a one-off.

Anyhow, I gotta know soon or I have to just start from the back and work my way forward. Because, I also have to edit another show but that will only take 2 days at most. My issue is that my environment doesn't allow me to get much of anything done.

So, if Compu Show CAN do something like this, that would be great. If not, then I respectfully request that in a future update, that Compu Show DOES support this type of feature. Honestly, I really like Compu Show, I like working with it and I just don't feel like learning something else. I know I can take care of nearly anything with Compu Show. So, I'm NOT leaving the Compu Show platform. Even though I've only done 2 shows with it, it is money well spent, and I have those 2 shows coming back up again, and a whole slew of shows coming up as well.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.