Skip to main content

I was wondering how everyone keeps the scenes/switches and what not organized for a gig???

for example, I've set up verse, chorus, bridge, solo scene buttons on the master page for the fixtures for a particular song, it would be nice to hold them all somewhere that they can be easily recalled, at the gig, when it's time for that song

my best thought was to have pages for each song, tabbed together with the song title on the tab; when it;s time for that song, click on the tab and you're all set for this tune; the buttons/hotkeys/triggers would become active because that page is now active

thanks for reading, please reply with how you all do it
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi David,
I am in a tribute band, and had the same question, what I came up with was pages will not work, unless all fixtures are on the pages...(which is hard and from what I can see can’t happen due to DMX addresses).

So what I did is on the master page, I click edit, and click on "Compression”( either a scene or switch) and make short names for each of the songs like "1ofdays" for “one of these days”, and so on. After I made the compression, I then went back to the master page where all of my scenes, and switches are located, and renamed each one with the corresponding compression name, again like “scene 1.0”, became “1ofdays scene1.0”, and “scene 2.0” would become “1ofdays scene 2.0”. Just be sure to use exact case as compression name, or it will not work. Once you do this, and refresh the page the icons will “group together”

Also a note, which gets real confusing is that the software will group numbers together so you have to watch out, like instead of seeing a sequence
"1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13 14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21"..

You will see a sequence of
“1-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-2-20-21-3-4-5-6-7-8-9”.. Kind-of weird..

Also for songs I use cycles, to added the "cues, or scenes" in the order that I want, and fire them off with the "Go" key.

Anyhow hope this helps, I moved all of my programming out of Compulive into a new system which is Way Smiler easier to work with and understand, but hope this helps you in using compulive.
thanks for the reply

that's pretty much the direction I've been heading, as far as grouping compressed buttons for a song; there has to be an intent from Elation when this was designed, as far as how to group scene/switch for songs; James, do you know this???

as to the ordering, it goes a character at a time, so everything with a '1' in the first character get's grouped, then everything with a '2', and so forth; then the second character comes into play, so '1' then '10' then '11' etc

to get them in the order you actually want you'd need to add a preceding '0' for the single-digits

01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-etc

this works for 01-99, if you are going past 100, you'd need to add 2 preceding '0' for the single-digits and 1 preceding '0' for the double-digits

001-002-003-004-005-006-007-008-009-010-011-etc

(I've done some filesystem work so I learned all about name ordering Smiler )

could you please explain what the "go" key is??? I've figured out how to assign the normal ASCII keys for triggering a scene/switch and even MIDI triggering, but it would be nice to know how to configure a key to just step through the scenes

also, is there a way to assign the non-ASCII keys, like F-keys (F1/F2/etc) or arrow-keys for triggering???

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.