Skip to main content

hi.im kinda new an learning little by little. im trying to figure on how to install a led light on my computer program.i have the compu live program set up. i already have dmx lighting already set up by a old friend.but never thought me how install the light an how to dmx it in with the rest of the lights.can u please help,i need to get this in soon at the club i work at.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ronald I removed the link in your signature as we do not allow any links on our forums too 3rd party websites or web stores. Sorry.

Satxnate, you need to set each led pro to a DMX starting address. the fixtures uses either 6 or 7 channel I can't remember exactly. but by setting a starting address you are telling the par can which DMX channel to "listen" too from the DMX controller. And when you manipulate the correct channels the light will react according to the DMX traits programmed into the fixture. so a fixture that is 6 DMX channels and starts at say address 20 is "listening" to channels 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 from the DMX console. Does this make sense?
Sincerely,
first of,thanks for helping...
i think i kinda of know what u mean,but still kinda confusing. this past Saturday before work,i tried to get the light working but dident work out. i went onto compu live an created a new page,searched the library for the light fixture and installed it. the last dmx number was used was 78. so when i created the page i started the dmx number with 79 an went from there. i downloaded this dmx calculator that suppose to show u what switches to flip on, after ur put in the dmx number like 79.,when i went the light page it showed its using number 79-84 i think.so i tried each dmx number with the calculator but still wasn't responding.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.