Skip to main content

It appears that American DJ and Elation are probably the top two LED lighting manufacturers in the country. Chauvet seems to be third in the list, but I don't think they have forums. Smiler

I have a come up with a concept for making an insanely bright par-64 RGB LED fixture that will far outstrip the luminance of anything Elation or ADJ have offered so far, quite possibly matching or exceeding the output of a 500 watt incandescent PAR can in a single compact LED device.

But, I don't have a manufacturing facility, CAD/CAM skills, PCB and metal fabrication background, experience with dealing with UL/CSA certifications, on and on.

So I guess the world will have to do without this concept.. unless I could find some place to submit it for manufacturing consideration. Wink
Original Post
I think right now, LED technology is maturing in two ways. First, trying to make LED performance on par with incandescent technologies, and second, making it affordable. Of course affordable is a relative term. Elation is no doubt the pricier brand, but you're getting more for more.

I think the answer is that I'm sure Elation and ADJ are working on this. The 64 LED Pros that I have took some learning curve with some trial and error to find out how to best use those. While I like mine a lot, I feel that they underperform when it comes to output as compared to a regular Par64 with a 500-watt bulb. I agree with you from a previous posting on the ADJ forum that it might take up to 4 64 LED Pros to match the output of a single incandescent Par64.

I think the answer is either "they can do it or they are already working on it". Either way, the stumbling block is going to be how to make this available for production and sale at a reasonable price. I also think that based on the price and performance, this would be an Elation branded product for obvious reasons.

Please also take into consideration this is just me speculating. I honestly have no idea what they are working on. I just saw a video for a new ADJ LED moving yoke fixture. I'm pretty excited about that. I saw the video from a link on the ADJ support forum last night.
Last edited by studio42

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.