Skip to main content

Maybe I am missing something, but I like the automatic fade feature, but I have to set each scenes fade times, going from fast song to slow songs this is a pain in the booty...is there something I am missing to be able to set a "master fade time" that applies to all scenes so I dont need to change each one? Much appreciated, gigging tomorrow night with some new LEDs so any help is appreciated!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am using the scene fade toolbar, I imagine that will be the fastest if I need to change them all prior to new songs etc?

One other question, I have my LED's all in the fixtures view, I created a whole bunch of scenes that have all the LED's on in a certain color. Why cant I highlight lets say 4 leds, select a scene of color, then invert for the other 4 and select another scene so half the cans are one color half are the other?

If I use a scene, at all on one color, then a switch to change half the cans there is no fade its very abrupt, so trying to find a way using the LIVE feature, maybe I am missing something? REally appreciate it, just got the new lights in so I am trying to build the new pages for them
Ya, what your asking for is like a fade fader like on a console. Compu live doesn't have this. Software's behave VERY differently than a console.
The reason you can't do this as you described is because your scene's are using DMX data from all of your fixture as you have programmed them. To do this I would suggest making a switch with different color combination's that way they are ready to go on fly as you may need them. Compu live doesn't do Live control as well as you might think. It's best to pre program and set up effects and switches for on the fly stuff. Get what I'm saying?
Sincerely,
Good deal, much appreciated. Im building a bunch of scenes and switches, I figured out how to get multiple colors in "live mode", i duplicated the RGB wheel to where there is two now, giving me the option for two colors.

One last question and I will leave you alone, I am cramming the manual but no luck. If I have a scene, lets say all blue, then I want to create a switch that has the sequencer running a crazy pattern, is there a way to do that atleast? Basically have switches with different chases or patterns from the sequencer that will work with whatever scene is selected?

Thanks again
quote:
Originally posted by Jerome Casi:
Good deal, much appreciated. Im building a bunch of scenes and switches, I figured out how to get multiple colors in "live mode", i duplicated the RGB wheel to where there is two now, giving me the option for two colors.

I would love to see how that works. That I have never heard of anybody doing before. Good job!

Want a instructional video about your switch question?
I'll assume you said yes. haha. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wzl1GWBe4A

Also check out my new video for a good 3D demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bmqfUrzDTI
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.