Skip to main content

Hello there,

I have an issue with DS250Pro and its lamp start process.

I´ve bought 4 DS Spots at one time and equipped with Sylvania 250/2 MSD Lamps.

Is ist possible (normal), that the fixtures doesn´t start the lamps not at the same time?
Two fixtures work very well (direct start), on does it 10 mins later and the forth one didn´t start the lamp after one hour.

Somebody who has also such an issue, or is it usual, that the lamp start has a little bit to do with luck?

I´m not sure if I should return the fixtures to the dealer, because they are brand new and now I not sure, if they are
really "professional" when new fixtures have an issue with starting the lamp. Don´t want to be frightened every time if
they are starting or not.

Perhaps they don´t like the Sylvanias, even if my local dealer provided them together with the fixtures.

Greetings from Germany and excuses for my (bad) english. ;-)

Achim
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Achim,

I'm glad you said you are from Germany. because in the US we load them with Philips lamps.. However I don't think the brand of the lamp is an issue, rather than how you have them connected.

I believe its a power issue. Since each fixture draws 5 amps and if you plug them all to one circuit. there is not enough amperage to strike all lamps at the same time. For Best lamp strike performance you can only have 2 to a 20 amp circuit of which I am thinking 120v circuit.

1.. try connecting them to different power, and power one up at a time. Wait 1 minute before powering up the 2nd one, then 1 minute before powering up the 3rd one.

Do they strike right away? If they do, then its a power phase issue.. not a light issue.
If you struck all 4 DS250s at the same time on a 20 amp circuit, chances are it will trip or one or more lights won't fire up.

When lamps are struck, they draw a lot more juice then when lit. The reason for this is it takes a lot of voltage to bridge the gap and create an arc. Once the arc is connected however, it doesn't take much voltage to maintain the arc then.
I have been changing the delay number from 01 to 03 and it always seems to come on within about 20 seconds after I hit "lamp strike" in Compu. Do the number in the delay refer to minutes? If so, is there something else that I might not have set right that causes the lamp to strike at the same time no matter what delay time I have set.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.