Skip to main content

I've noticed this before, and I think you may or may not have addressed the issue, I tried looking back but couldn't find anything. But on the fixture profiles for many of the led fixtures that have an extra 3 channels on the end for dimmer/strobe the rgb mixer will never work for these. It WILL work, but it will only light up one "pixel" or section of the led fixture. So the 2 thats my concern right now are the adj mega bar/colorpalette when trying to use the rgb mixer for the 27 channel mode on chauvet and 11 channel on the mega bar, it will only light up section of the light. Hope this is making sense, also the fx generator will work, however only again lighting one section of the light, but again I think i read the efx generator wont work with fixtures with the extra channels for led fixtures. But id like to address the rgb mixer issue. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was using the "Chauvet Colorpalette" there are only 2, one is the one above, the other has "led" at the end. Both are the same I believe. I figured out a way around, by using the "re-patch" in the settings, took me long as hell, but I just made the chauvets act as a RGB fixture and set up all those extra settings on individual faders. So basically set up RGB channels 1-64 then repatched it so it didn't use the 1st 3 channels on every fixture.

I'd still like to figure out why its doing that in the normal fixture profile for I can't be re-patching every time I want to use this. Thanks Jingles!
Well you can set up a midi trigger to start a scene edit window. Just assign your trigger to say a button on your midi console and all you do is click on the button you wish to edit then hit that midi button and it will open the scene edit window for the last selected button. There is a midi tab in the scene editor rack however I do not think that is what you are asking. Still a newb to midi myself.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.