Skip to main content

Hello, I now have two magic 260's and want to get them to have the identical scenes and shows. I did load my latest fixture file into the 2nd 260 and matched the fixtures to the same function buttons. I have uploaded a memory file from the 1st 260 to my PC but, when I try to download that memory file to the 2nd 260, I get an error message and actually corrupts the fixture/function button settings. One thing to note is that the firmware on the 1st 260 is 1.07 while the 2nd is at 1.05. Am I doing this wrong? Am I missing a step? I did notice that on the upload, that while the 260 says that the upload is complete, the the software kinda hangs and I have to hit the "cancel receive" button. The software is version 1.02.

Thanks, Parker
Original Post
I can't say for sure but I would make absolutely positive you are running the latest firmware on BOTH, this could be the issue as firmware can change how file formats are saved and include backward compatibility (meaning you could likely go from the lower version to the higher version but not the other way IF the file formats did in fact change, no way to be sure). Once you do that, try again (it's always best to be current on firmware!). As for the file save/load, that software is kludgy at best, a 12 year-old computer geek could do better but unfortunately, that's all we have to work with. Make sure the save from your "good" board is complete, make sure it didn't end early (truncate), that could be an issue too. IMO this software at a very minimum needs a CRC check at the end, half the time if fails to end on it's own, something we should all be yelling at them to fix. I'm not trying to be overly critical but the software is absolutely third-rate and it does present an issue when programming/backing up/transferring...

Jack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.