Skip to main content

So, I have an IDI:XX error on my screen on firmware version 1.07. I have random characters on the display on version 1.04, which came with it, and all the LED's work, and the numbers and characters will change with button presses and fader movement. The console itself is in a non working state because of (what I think) are the two software chips on the motherboard. I need to know if I replace these chips, if my software will work again, and the console itself will work normally. I am a 14 year old lighting programmer, and am becoming a DJ and need to control my lights with it. So, if you know if these chips getting replaced will save me the trouble of having it sold for parts, please oh please tell me! I want to use this console, and im giving it one last chance, but if the chips won't work, then I won't waste $60 on them. Please, anyone with info on these chips would be GREAT! If you know what they do, and if they will fix my problem, PLEASE don't hesitate to respond bellow. Thanks!!

-Apalumbo
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hello Apalumbo,
thank you for contacting us. it is very difficult to figure out what the problem is from the outside. you can try and change the chips but we cant guarantee that it will fix your problem. what I will have to do is set you up with a return number so you can send it in to us for service. this is the ONLY way that we can tell you what problem is and guarantee you a fix on your controller. please contact our support team at 1-800-322-6337
If I send this to you guys, I want to be 100% sure you guys arnt just going to tell me its broken. I know that. I also don't want to have to pay a ton of $ for, like I said, im 14 and don't have enough money to say replace the motherboard. If I send it in, I want to know for sure you will not rip me off and have me replace the most expensive part. If you can 100% garentee this won't happen, I will consider it. But I don't want to send it in if I am just going to have to pay a ton of money to fix it. Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.