Skip to main content

hey all i am having trouble building my own profile for a chauvet color splash 196. it is seven dmx channels and they are
ch1 red 0-100%
ch2 green 0-100%
ch3 blue 0-100%
ch4 red ()
ch5 green ()
ch6 blue ()
ch7 red()
my problem is is that the scan library will only allow me to create 1 channel of each color. any help??
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

is there any way i an visualize the color mixing?? cause rightnow all it does is stay on like light green color?? it lets me move the faders but i cannot change the colors on the 3D window!! or could i maybe add the r,g,b, channels just every other channel so that way i can mix r,g,b on the visualizer?? cause my problem is the lights are in l.a. and i am programming from wisconsin!! that is my job with this guy he wants me to program using compuware and send the files to l.a.! cool huh??
Are you actually programming the show with the visualizer, or are you just presenting what it would look like?

If you are programming the show, it will be nearly impossible to get the proper representation because of how the channels on this fixture are organized.

If you just want a 3d representation (and don't need the channels to match up), then use the rgb profile in the generic folder.
It is not possible with that fixture at the moment.

Just so you know, there is a completely redesigned scan library editor in the works. It will allow you to create fixtures like this, and it will be much more powerful.

We expect the new version of the editor to be completed late April / early May, and will be packaged into a Compu Live update.

Thanks
Hey buddy,
This is not the simplest fixture to programm.
Its the only fixture of its kind with 2 RGB color mixing options. Most controllers are not set up to offer 2 color mixing pallets.
What you have to do is patch the channels to the second group of channels.
You do this on the page settings window, then go to channels.
Here you will see the fixtures, and channel option.
Now you have to find the first red of the fixtures and patch it to the second red, using the "channels patched to several differnt outputs option"
Now the RGB will work on both reds, greens blues.
But you have to do this after you installed the page.

Best regards,
hey guys im doin it now but i find cause i have three reds in this fixture i think i does not sem to want to let me use 3 of em just two! also am i to click on the channels and enter in the numbers and signs for the channels patched to several diffeent outputs?? so for example that says 1= 0+1/40/60 and i enter in that in the box?? am i doin this right??? help me!! peace! jingles out!
Last edited by Jingles8302
mikey g could u please plese please make a video on how to do what jon is describing for channels patch using the profile u created for me on the colorsplashes. i think i am close but it still is not working. with the code that i am entering the last three channels ae not being patched to the output. please help! things are starting to progress and i need to use this fixture. please? THANKS SINCERELY JINGLES!!
mikey said u guys were short staffed so i offered to come out and help! also what i need help with is this. u posted it
"What you have to do is patch the channels to the second group of channels.
You do this on the page settings window, then go to channels.
Here you will see the fixtures, and channel option.
Now you have to find the first red of the fixtures and patch it to the second red, using the "channels patched to several differnt outputs option"
Now the RGB will work on both reds, greens blues.
But you have to do this after you installed the page."

i tried it and i have three red channels and i don't think it is workin right so i asked mike to make me a videoof him doin it on his comp. ok? now any help??

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.