Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Elation_Pro:
Hi Stocklude,
It sounds like you need the DMX101 DVD.
It gets you started on how to use DMX lighting.

Its about a 30 minute DVD.
If you can PM me somehow your address, I will get one out to you.

Best regards,

Hi, I have a Stagesetter8 and I was wondering how I can get that DMX101 Video.

Please Advise, and THX

Todd
I have the manuals that came with the controllers, but they are VERY vague. How do I set up my lights as different fixtures? I have 8 LED light fixtures on my tower that I would like to control. 4 of them as a group (LED par cans), and 4 individually. I worked on assigning DMX channels on the lights today, but everything seems to be controlled by fixture #1. I can't get any of the lights to respond as fixture 2, 3, 4...
Sorry, I don't have any of the IM setups on my computer, so I'll have to give it a try here. The light show consists of 4 Chauvet Color Splash Jr's, 1 ADJ Par64 Pro, 1 ADJ Spectrum, 1 Chauvet Vue II, and 1 Chauvet Vue III. The controller is an Elation DMX Operator 192.

I would like to set up some programs for the par cans, and be able to turn the Spectrum, Vue II, and Vue III on and off, letting them run their own internal program sequences instead of programming every scene. Does this sound possible, practical, feasible?

The setup will (hopefully) be permanently mounted on one crossbar with one power cord and one DMX cable. The 4 mini pars on top, and the 4 big fixtures hanging off the bottom of the bar. 3' DMX cables daisy chaining all of the fixtures together in one string. This should make setup and teardown fast and easy.

Am I dreaming? Thanks!
i reread one of your post and u said it seems like fixture one button is controlling everything so u need to re address ur fixtures in blocks of 16 channels. the dmx operator uses 16 channels per fixture button so if ur total number of channels is around 16 or less u can fit all of them on one button but if u want individual control then re address them in blocks of 16 like this for example.
fix.1 is 001
fix 2. is 017
fix 3. is 033 and so on and so forth. understand? try that when ya can and get back to me.
Help!
Our drama club has a show soon, and soon cool equip we're not using properly,
I think we need the dvd!
We have sd1, 3 color color palettes, 2 dj spot 250.
We get things to 'work' but apparently we have some channel, fixture probs.

How do you assign fixtures? we assign, number set on units, but some things still change with the joystick, and so on. So palettes on fixtures 6,7,8, channels to 27, but the moving heads are on 1 (and 2) but its wacky the palettes are affected. Play in two weeks! Need to get to chases!

Brian
Please, I need the DMX 101 dvd! I am setting up lights for a play. I have 3 Colorpalettes, 2 dj spot 250s and a sd1. Things are wired, and I'm no fool, just naive. They, da lights, are movin' flashin' and generally puzzling me, (us (counting students). So we've read what we can, but need the vid!

Brian A.
Rancho Cotate HS
Rohnert Park, CA
i dunno if u can still get one i heard they stopped makin copies a while ago but also i have seen it and it is mainly for a dj set up or at least what it looked like to me. until u get a copy if u get one please just ask questions here. ok so let me go through this with you. tell me how you have each light addressed and if the light has dipswitches or a led display? as far as the SD1 is concerned i really have had no experience on that controller but i can look over thrmanual at the parts you are cofused at. let me know. also if the colors are changing via the joystick seems u have it assigned to those channels. see if u can re asign the pan and tilt channels and see if it happens again. also send me a link to those led fixtures our using, ok? peace!! jingles.
Thanks. It is the larger Colorpalete, 8 sections and 27 channels, no dips, on the back it says there is a digital address, a001-458 or sumthin', we set the addresses for the palette to be fixtures 6,7,8---but the joystick causes changes, auto programs run, strobe, on and on. We need individual spots, the dj 250s are paired on our small stage to work as one. So we have the 250s at A001, Colorpals 6,7,8 using a 32dmx profile modified fixture to 27 channels. What am I doing incorrect?

Thank you
i was wondering is the fixture buttons selected for the leds when ur moving the dj spots around?
also for the colorpalete u can choose which channel config to run them in in ch. number one so i don't know if that means u have to always have the value of ch. one on the value of the 27 dmx mode. i don't know. ok i just looked at the manual for the palete and it says to have ch.1 to the value of anywhere between 0-19 for 27 mode operation. so make sure your doing that for all 3 of em.
ok found it! on your color paletes tap ur menu button til u see "d001" hit enter and the d will go away but now you are in DMX mode and can now assign the channels u want. press the up and down buttons til u get each one at ur desired channels. so for the SD1 i believe it has channel blocks of 32 so fixture button 6 would start at ch. 192 and end at 224. and so on and so forth till u get em all lined up. try that. ok? p.s. you guys shoulda bought the krypton 81. lol. peace! let me know if this helps or not ok? jingles.
Last edited by Jingles8302
Ok, so if the heads use 8 channels, we can modify fixture via menu to ste channel 1 to 8 channels. Does this mean that the #2 fixture is now 9-41? If so how can, or can, the individual channels be chosen, or only work from 1 up to max 32 on each fixture? How can we just get these to work as washes? It sounds as though we will need to make a chart for the operator/programmer.
Thanks,
Brian
ok let me run this down for ya, once more. on the showdesigner console you have a 16 fixture buttons that are all able to hold any fixture that is up to 32 dmx channels. ok so 32x16 is 512. the reason they call it DMX 512 is cause there are 512 DMX channels in a DMX universe. so u have up too 1 dmx universe capabilities in the SD1. so if ur heads are 8 channels then they are at 001-008. and if u have your color paletes on 009 then you are still within the first fixture button so u need to spread it out to 33 not 9. cause each fixture button holds 32 channels. example:
fixture button 1: 1-32
( )2: 33-64
( )3: 65-96
and etc and so on. understand? so u need to space out your channels if u want them to work the way you want them too. also who is programming these lights? you said the leds were on 6,7,8. which one is it? do you want me to just tell you what address you are gon need to have all these on individual control?
peace! jingles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.