Skip to main content

I am quite new to this whole thing, and this forum has been very helpful with a few problems (dip switch settings, and fade settings)i have had. As I was searching for answers to my problems i read somewhere that there was a instructional DVD available. i would like to inquire about that and find out how to obtain one - if possible - as the manual that came with our units ( 8 lights four to a tower two dp415's and the stage setter 8 console) seems a little sparse to me - i do not even know what DMX stands for! i can not get chase patterens programmed in 1x16 mode i must be doing something wrong but i followed the directions anyone?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not many people know what DMX stands for, so don't feel bad about that. DMX is short for Digital Multiplexing (Yes, DMX cable is technically digital cable, compared to XLR which is analog).

As for your programming issue, maybe walk us through step by step how you program a chase so we can see where the error is. If you are following the instructions in the manual, then maybe there is a typo/missing step/wrong step in the manual that could be corrected.
quote:
Originally posted by Surge ProTech:
Wolfknight,
Send me an email with your mailing address and I'll get you an instructional DVD.

SergioC@AmericanDJ.com

Thank You Sercio C - i sent you an e-mail, and i and the guys really want to thank you for your kindness and your help and me for your speedy reply (we practice tomorrow) so now i go in with good news! Thanks Again!!!
quote:
Originally posted by SerraAva:
Not many people know what DMX stands for, so don't feel bad about that. DMX is short for Digital Multiplexing (Yes, DMX cable is technically digital cable, compared to XLR which is analog).

As for your programming issue, maybe walk us through step by step how you program a chase so we can see where the error is. If you are following the instructions in the manual, then maybe there is a typo/missing step/wrong step in the manual that could be corrected.

All i can say SerraAva is it is what they said in the manual - i wont be sitting down with the unit until late afternoon tomorrow (its at the guitarists house) i will try again then and write it down as i go - will get back to you the next day thanks for your speedy reply and help i do appreciate knowing what DMX stands for now!!
quote:
Originally posted by Surge ProTech:
Wolfknight,
Send me an email with your mailing address and I'll get you an instructional DVD.

SergioC@AmericanDJ.com

Sergio, I am new to this lighting thing as well and also find the manual for the Stage Setter 8 a little too high level for us beginners. Where did you get the promo dvd you sent to wolfknight. I have been "elected" the band member to run this sytem and do not know where to start. Thanks-

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.