Skip to main content

Hello. I run a non profit kids theatre in Temecula,California. We just upgraded from a operator 192 to a scene setter 48 via American Musical. Currently we run 24 LED par 64 lights (the plan is to add some more LED wash lights as well as some LED spots/movables/gobos/etc) Will this board function this way. I think we misunderstood what it could do. I thought it could control 48 separate fixtures (which is what I will need eventually). The lights are a mixture of Venue brand (6), AmDJ (12), and Chauvet (6 slim pars), I have no idea how to get the board to control the separate fixtures. If it will not work easily for what we are doing, we may need to return it and get something else (the operator 192 worked great but the 12 channel limit was killing us). Our budget is really small so I can not go get a 1500 light board.

I could probably swing sending it back and going for a magic 260, but even that looks like ti can only control 24 fixtures. I do have a laptop I could purchase a program for if that is a better option (windows 8 though). Anyway, the question is, will this board be able to run what will eventually be 36-28 LED light fixtures effectively. I would need a minimum of 24 fixtures available to do so.

Mickie Arnett
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.