I own an octopod 30 system and need more output (lumens?). I am wondering if the outputs of the 80 or 36 are radically different. The octopod 30's put out 100 lumens per fixture and the 80's put out 950 per fixture. The info for the 36's isn't on the elation site. I guess the question is -- Are the LED's the same in both fixtures or does the 36 have stronger LED lamps?
Original Post
Hi Jazz,

The 36 would be brigther than the 30 because it does not have that frost, and it has a bit more LEDS
But the 80's are significantly brighter than both the 30 and th 36.
Thanks for your prompt response. Being in a Jazz group w/o a light man, I just use the presets on the pixel controller. If I use both sets together (30's and 80's) do I need a DMX controller and if so can you recommend a low cost solution? Are there computer programs for Mac?

Jazzman
are you willing to run bootcamp on the mac? if so American DJ makes a low cost software called my dmx. were you mainly looking for a software controler or a small console? let me know. sincerely,
Actually, i figured programming would be easier on a computer or you could load programs from others into your computer. But the most important part is EZ. If a little programming w/ a low-cost console wouldn't be too much to think about while performing, that sounds like a decent option. What console do you think?

Jazzman
i would say for a set small rig like you have and no operator i think my dmx would suit your needs pretty well. and ill be able to help you get started on it once you get it, as i do support for compu live and my dmx. let me know if you need any further help or options. Sincerely,
There is a controller called an SD6C its about $80.00.
I think it will be the simplest.. and if not that one a Stage Setter8.
Stage setter 8 is about $280.00
Thanks for your help. The 80's are perfect for our group. I'll run the presets at a slower speed until I figure out the DMX dilemma. Both ideas have merit. Thanx Jingles and elation pro.

Jazzman

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.