Skip to main content

I'm looking at getting a Livid OHM RGB controller but wanted to make sure that the LED lights follow the actions on screen (ie red off, green go, yellow stop etc).

Has anyone used this controller yet? Thoughts?

I'm also wondering if there is anyway in the "play" screen to have the boxes around the button and fader cue assignments change colour so that there is one central screen showing what is playing. If not, this would be a great addition to the program in future builds.

Thanks for any input.

Jeff
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No. I completely understand that the midi map controls on screen buttons and faders.

What I'm asking is - The OHM RGB's buttons light up different colours. When you use those buttons to play a cue from one of Emulation's playback buttons, does Emulation send a signal back to the controller so the OHM RGB button lights correspond to the colour on screen.

Again I had the opportunity to test the novation launchpad and the lights on that controller did respond to Emulation's colours (ie when cue is off = red, playing a cue = green, cue is completed = yellow, release = oragne etc.)

I currently own a MIDIcon and it's difficult to quickly playback more that 8 cues live so I've been looking at controller that Elation have created a midi map for. The OHM RGB has the functionality that I would like but I wanted to confirm this function before a placed an order.

If you don't have experience using this program would you be able to refer me to someone that would.

Thanks again for your help.
Jeff
ok now that i know you are using the emulation i can assist you a little better. if you need a midi map for this unit, i will need you to send me the user manual for it so we can generate one for you. once we have that we can give you a specific layout of the midi console and what each button does. for the midi con you can find what each button does in the emulation user maul located in our elation website.
all the midi map is doing is linking the buttons from the OHM RGB to the software. as far as the colors of the console that is something you need to find out through the manufacturer of that console. emulation will not pick what color it wants the controller buttons to change to. that might be a preset on the console itself.all the midi is looking for is an ON and OFF midi not to trigger the scenes. bellow is a link to the user manual for emulation. on page 26 you will find the list for what each button does on the midi controller you have.

http://www.elationlighting.com..._manual_en_10324.pdf
This is insane customer service! Why is a programmer not in here quickly dispelling the issue?

First of all, I have the Ohm Rgb and it lights up the buttons!

Next, this is the second thread I've read where there has been confusion about what product we were discussing . . . in the Emulation Software Discussion Forum!!!

Can we just have access to the mapping functionality so we can make our own maps like every other midi related software allows these days?

Thanks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.