Skip to main content

When I create a new Cycle in Compulive, and goto button > settings, and select Scene in "Type" Compulive crashes every time. Also when I try to add a new cycle on the master page, and then edit I do not get any buttons at the top of the cycle page...??? I am running Compu live March 21 2008 on a 2048fc+
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok ya your right that does crash it. did you send the crash file to dylan? or did you send the crash file out at all? also why are you trying to change it to a scene when it is a cycle?
To edit the cycle try hitting the init button on on the page that the cycle is on and then find your "Cycle" Tab. in the tab it should allow you to edit it there. if nothing is available for you to click on it then run your cycle then go back to the cycle tab and then hit stop. give that a try and get back to me. i will also report this bug to our developers. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Hi Jingles,
I was clicking the scene button, becuse I thoght I had to choose what type it was..i.e. scenes, or switches. Anyhow, unfortunatly it will not let me send the bug report out, keeps trying, and I do not have an e-mail client on this machine. It would be nice if it wrapped up the errors and saved it into a file I could e-mail on my "connected" machine.

On the other issue, I tried to open the cycle, and run but, all I got was a blank page no buttons at the top! I tried running the sequence, but I can not store anything into it since there are no buttons... Double edge sword... Confused

Lots of bugs in this software since I started using it. NEW laptop, and clean system, but I keep getting "errors", even when I try to "rename" a switch? Or when I open the effects manager /color manager. Lots of bugs when I am programming, but it seems to be okay in play back.... Hope so...., hope this does not happen during a show (I'll cross my fingers!)

SmilerBy the way, thanks for checking the fourm on a sunday!!!
Last edited by misebeam
first of all ignore rains comment I DO have a life. Hahaha. No I check the forums ANY day of the week. The companys stance is total support so I don't mind checking post or helping out on the weekends. But misbeam have you made a cycle before? You create the cycle then hit the cycle button that appears and then hit your scenes in the order of playback as you wish. Then once you have entered all your scenes hit the stop button in the cycle tab and then hit play. It will ask you if you wish to save select yes and then it starts to play back. Once it is playing back select stop and then you can edit the times and such. I have a video on you tube. www.YouTube.com/CompuLiveTech
Sincerely,
Hi Jingles,
I have made cycles before, but now when I create a new cycle, then click on it, there are no buttons at the top, i.e. stop, play record, nothing (after the upgrade). Sometimes it shows up with just the disk(save) button as the only icon. Sometimes if I click the save button, all the buttons at the top pop up, but other than that it is just a grey blank. I will try to capture a screen shot to show you.
ConfusedOkay, Confused
I still no resolution to the “missing” buttons on a cycle page, I have updated the bios, updated my video card driver, and also re-installed Compulive on my system (new laptop). When I first open the window there are no buttons…, but if I resize the windows the buttons will show up,, temporally... If I click a scene or button other than the active window, this is what I get (see link for picture). Cycle screen shot

Now, I have another weird issue, and cannot find any documentation of why. I have created a cycle which was working fine with all steps set to "GO", but now after I saved a perfectly functioning cycle... some of the scenes are set to "OFF" in the On/OFF" column??? Where do I turn them back to the “On”?, and how did they get set to off, after the cycle ran perfectly smooth before??
Please help, I have spent a LOT of money on this equipment (2048FC+), and I am concerned about the stability of this software for my next show. I have also setup local E-mail on my machine to allow all of the bugs I run into to, to be sent out.
Last edited by misebeam
if this is still the march 21 edition then you have two choices. I can email you the link to the jan version that was said to run fine or you can visit our downloads page and download the beta version of I believe it is the July 21st update. Seems there were some bugs in the march update. Sorry to have you do so much but let me know what you wanna do. Sincerely,
misebeam again sorry your having such trouble. to turn on/off parts of the cycle simply double clicvk on the step you want to edit and it should pop up a lil window kinda like when you made it a go step. check on and it should work.
side note. what are the specs of this new laptop? and also are all the windows vista updates installed? let me know. Thanks. Sincerely,
Hi Jingles,
I do not get ANY screens, or anything when I double click on the step or "On/Off" (in either versions march, or july).

Also I noticed, that even scenes I changed to go, keep reverting back to time, and those are the ones listed as "OFF" right now. When I changed the time to "Go" it still says off.

My specs on my machine are:
gateway M685e
Windows XP pro XP SP3
Duo 1.8 2 gig of Ram @ 1.32 FSB 160 Gig hard drive.
Last edited by misebeam
I have tried clicking EVERYWHERE, I also went thru the entire keyboard looking for something to turn it back on. I created the Cycle, shut the app down, came back a day later, and all of these in the picture were set to OFF...

I do not know why, and I was also like to know how, just in case it happens again, but other than that I cannot find ANYTHING to turn these steps back on. I really do not want to waste more time recreating the cycle for something i really do not know how it happened in the first place.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.