Skip to main content

A couple questions

1: I can not find in the manual How to set the the fixture. Like fixture 1 to 1 and 2 to 17 (is that correct methodology?) On the board, I know how to do the lights.

Also is it recommended to set each light to it's own channel, are they group able?

The band I have to set up has like four scanners (and a bunch more stuff), and they are in a row behind the band, and I was wondering if it would be simpler to just do them as two sets of two as far as adressing goes?

One last thing I have tried to get the joy stick to work but have never had success, is there an easy way to do this, I hate to admit it but the manual makes littles sense to me (I am a sound guy).

Thanks in advance, I hope someone sees this this evening as I am expected to have something going tomorrow and will not have internet where I will be working.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey I know this is an old topic but why not reply huh? I have an Operator 192 now and I can answer this. So here goes:

1. You don't need to do this. The board (because it is so cool) already does this. Fixture 1 is already set to control channels 1-16, fixture 2 controls 17-32, fixture 3 controls 33-48, etc. etc. You can't change this.

2. If you want to get technical, it really doesn't matter what you address the lights to, just remember that when you hit fixture 1 button you will only be messing with channels 1-16. I would address you scanners too the following address (to make it simple and non-confusing):

Scanner 1: A001
Scanner 2: A017
Scanner 3: A033
Scanner 4: A049

That way, your scanners will be controllable using the fixture buttons 1-4.

3. The joystick. Yes the manual is confusing at this part but once you get the hang of it, it is simple. EXAMPLE: Your scanners. you want to control all four scanners using the joystick. DO THIS:

A.) Press and hold the Program button for about 3 seconds(The light next to PROG on the screen should start flashing.) Then release!

B.) Now hold down the Mode button and WHILE HOLDING THE MODE BUTTON DOWN press the Fine. Now the "Assign" and "Pan" LED's should light up.

C.) Now press fixture buttons 1-4 to select which fixtures you want to assign the joystick too.

D.) Now is where the manual gets technical. It basically says press the Tap/Disp button until the screen says "PH.XX". Now press the Mode button AND the Scene button (while holding down the Mode button) that corresponds with your fixtures Pan Channel. Refer to your fixtures user manual to figure this out. We will say that your fixtures Pan channel is channel 1. So we will press the Mode button and (while holding down Mode) the Scene 1 button. Now if your fixture has a Fine Pan Channel (if it does not go to E) you will press the Tap/Disp button until the screen read "PL.XX". Now press the Scene button that corresponds with your fixtures Fine Pan Channel. Usually it is 1 channel up from the Pan Channel. So in this case it is channel 2. So we will press the Mode button and (while holding down Mode) the Scene 2 button. This can get confusing!

E.) So basically this is exactly like the last step except you will be doing the Tilt Channels. Press the Bank UP or DOWN buttons until the screen reads either "TL.XX" OR "TH.XX". Now press the Tap/Disp button until the screen read "TH.XX". Now press and hold the Mode button and then press the Scene button that corresponds to your Tilt Channel this can be EITHER 2 OR 3 (If the fixture has a fine channel this will be 3 because channel 2 will be the Fine Pan channel. If the fixture doesn't use fine pan or tilt then you will do channel 2.) For our EXAMPLE the fixtures have fine Pan and Tilt channels so we will hit Scene 3. Now, if your fixtures DON'T have fine pan and tilts then skip this and go to F. Ok, these fixtures (in this example) use fine pan and tilts (yes we've already established this1) So now we will hit the Tap/Disp button until the screen reads "TL.XX". Then we will hit the Mode button and (again while holding down the Mode button) hit Scene 4. Now we have assigned the joystick, but there is still one more step.

F.) Press and hold the Program button until the light next to the PROG text goes out. The controller is now in blackout, confirming it is out of the programming mode. Now you will be able to control the fixtures using the joystick. Just select a fixture by pressing it's fixture button, and turn the light on using the faders. Then move the joystick and the light should move. I hope you understood this all because it was long!

Again I hope this helps (if not you someone else!)

Man, it's been a long time since i've done a post like this. It took me about an hour to write this because I was typing then checking myself on my Op. 192. I'm pretty sure I got everything right! NEXT QUESTION!!! Big Grin

jthtiger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.