Skip to main content

Greetings,

This is my first post as well as my first time expirimenting with DMX lighting. This is my setup:

10 American DJ P64LED lights controlled by an Elation Operator 192.

Im the bass player at a church and I have the Operator 192 next to me on a stand so I can control the lights during rest periods in the service etc. Currently I have 8 of the lights setup qs follows:

3 Stage Left, 3 Stage Right, 2 Center Stage Illuminating the drums and its cage.

The drum lights are set to fixture 1, stage left as fixture 2, and stage right as fixture 3.

Have 4 basic scenes setup. 1 as sound active, 2 as a slow fade, 3 as lights in all blue, and 4 as lights as white.
The issue that im having is using the sound active mode via the RCA port. Ive taken an RCA and 1/4" Hybrid cable and used the line out on my headphone mixer, ive isolated the bass drum on the mixer and made it the only signal playing, and ive hit Music button as stated in the product manual.

Sadly, the sound doesnt trigger the lights correctly. Instead, all the lights flash at the sound of everything vs just the bass drum while cycling through the scenes.

Essentially I just want the lights to pulse to the bass drum, or even to my bass playing, is there a way to accomplish this easier?
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.