Skip to main content

HI there , newbe to the forum and a pleasure to join. I have 6 5R SPots in our club that I am resonsible for in maintaining and repairing. A few of them are starting to fall out of warranty , so I will be starting to look into doing the repairs. My question is , I have a unit that has passed warranty, and upon first start up , she powers up fine through all the pre-tests. But I will have no response from the gobo or color wheels. I can run a program and all the movements run just fine , just no color or gobo. So far the fix I have found is after a few resets from the CUelux , it'll fix it self. WHat is it I need to look into that may be causing it?? I have all the fixtures opened up once a month for cleaning and inspection , and I haven't seen anything out of place to cause the issue.Any advice you may have is appreciated , thank you.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

what you can do to be sure that it is that part, swap it from a working one into the one that isn't working. that way you will know for sure. you can take a look at it from the front and the back. if its burnt, you will see brown marks under the driver. and this could come with age. also depends on how the units are installed and being used. do you cut power to these at the end of the night? or do they receive constant power at all times?
Hi there , been a busy week , sorry for the lag time in response! Yes, once I get the spares back I can do the swap test. Odd thing though , the unit has been running fine the past week *knocks on wood* lol ..The units are installed on truss facing down , so no strain. They are used for 6 hours a night 6 nights a week. They only have power for times of operation. At the end of the night, the lamps are pamped off , then about 10 mins later breakers are shut down , killing all power to truss and racks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.