Skip to main content

Hi All just Picked up a Pair of the PRO BAR 4's Brand New.
1 works fine the other was only powering up the display, After some Fault searching it turns out that Chip U9 Is faulty Part is ( ATMEL740 , 24C11 ) . Im Based In Scotland UK and i cannot find this part in our stockists, Is there a compatible Part that I can use or does anybody at Elation Know if they can send me one out.
Thanks Joe
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know what policies are where you live.

Around here in the United States, we typically have 30 days to return a defective item back to the place of purchase, in order to exchange it for a working unit, or else a refund or credit. Of course, this works best when you walked into a store to purchase your gear. With mail order type stuff, you gotta go through getting a RA or RMA number and shipping it back and waiting for another unit to get sent out.

If they are new, just return it for exchange, it's not worth the grief and hassle of replacing the part. Sending in out for repairs would take at least an additional 2 weeks just in shipping time unless you opt for very expensive rapid international shipping, which is silly since there are runs going from here to at least the UK daily. Once it hits the Service Department, it can take them a bit of time to get to things based on their work load.

Of course, if you do need just the parts you say and you can do the work yourself, you'll need to contact Elation directly, most likely via voice on the phone. They can ship you most parts. There is a real chance that you may have your warranty voided by this repair though, so do keep that in mind. Also, if I have my time zones correct, Elation lags behind you at least 8 hours, so you'll need to time your call appropriately. As your typical workday ends, ours is probably close to beginning.
Hi Where i got them from Is one of my Places of work, We got them as a deal with a large order so, My boss sold them to my at a good price.

Im the Lighting tech at The Shop and anything like this tends not to get sent back anyway because i repair it.
My Problem is with all the resources i have, i cannot find this component Anywhere & Looking for Through Compatible Charts i cannot find anything either.

Thanks Joe
Well, with a situation like yours where you are doing repairs anyways, I think the best way is how you originally approached this: ordering te correct part so you can install it. Really, if you're doing repairs anyways, you know what you're doing.

I'd say contact Elation support via email or make a well timed phone call to Elation to speak to someone in support and order the correct part. They'd probably ship it in a day or two and you should get it within 10-14 days. I'm just basing this off previous shipments I have done for business to the UK. I'm located in the same timezone and state as Elation and American DJ.

Best of luck. I know Elation will do their best to take care of you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.