Skip to main content

Hi,

I am using an ETC Element console sending sACN through a  switch to an Elation Enode 4, which in turn is outputting DMX to a wireless transmitter for the LED's in our rig. I've gone through all of the network set up, but after plugging everything in and powering it on, the LED's started pulsing at 1s intervals. I do have control the LED's, but the pulsing doesn't stop.

I've tried several different variations of wiring including taking the switch out of the equation entirely and running Ethernet directly from the board to the node, as well as disconnecting the board from DMX port and running DMX directly from the node to our dimmers, while connecting to the board through the network both with and without the switch. Each time I get the same results,  except when the  the node is connected directly to the dimmers it causes all of the patched lights including the LED's to pulse. 

Has anybody had this problem before? Is there a setting that I'm missing or misunderstanding? We have two of the nodes and get the same results with both of them.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok, so my firmware is already V2.4. However, when I went to double check that just now, I could no longer control the LED's. All of the settings and everything were still the same, they just weren't coming on. I've changed the broadcast setting to Limited Broadcast and keep checking periodically to see if it's still working. Any suggestions? 

One thing I did notice was that when I changed the settings to Primary Art-net the IP and Subnet on the board changed, but not the gateway. The node doesn't have an option for the gateway, so I didn't really think anything of it, but should I also change that setting on the board?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.