Skip to main content

In This forum you can discuss tips, tricks, and troubleshooting for Elation's Next Generation Compu Live software, "Compu Show".

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My main goal would be to run the shows unattended as I really don't want to be pressing buttons all night at my own party.

But I'm surprised this feature isn't already available. I would imagine that a lot of DJ's don't have dedicated LJ's. When I'm mixing music, the last thing I want to think about is switching scenes on a controller. Pangolin Quick show and Beyond have a feature called virtual LJ which randomizes playing scene's. I would love it if Compu Show added something similar.

Anyway, I have an idea. I'm going to assign a hot key to each scene in the master page, then write a program that will send random key strokes to Compu Show. This might get me somewhat close to what I need.
unfortunately the software isn't designed that way. you could get some sort of triggering unit and somehow involve it into the software. the other way would be through midi. but like i said before, it all depends on the type of midi controller you have. another way would be to run a show with music. you would need to use the easy show software that is in compu show. but in order to run this you will need to have ether the compu SDE or the compu SD interfaces.
I understand the feature I am looking for does not exist, however is this something Elation would consider adding?

Is it possible to program the midi commands to work with midi yoke? I've asked you this before but you said something about the midi commands being tied to a driver specific to a particular controller. I haven't had the opportunity to test this. If so, I could use Pangolin Quick show to send midi commands to Compu show and trigger the Scenes in a random fashion. Does anyone have any input on that?

For now, I have been able to write a small VB.NET program that sends keystrokes to Compu Show triggering scenes in the master page (by using keyboard triggering method). if all else fails, I could invest more time in this program and make it a lot more useable.

Thanks
Jesus,

I have been able to resolve the issues with beyond. I will be sending Note-On commands from Beyond to Compu Show to start the Scene in the master page. I can also send Note-Off commands too if needed. Now the important question is, can I trigger a scene from the master page without having to setup a fake midi console?
If not, is it possible to setup approx. 60 on/off buttons that can be triggered by MIDI, each button would be linked to a different scene in the master page?

Thanks
Could you be a little more specific. The procedure for doing this isn't as simple as you described.

I right clicked the scene button but did not see a method to trigger the scene from a midi value. The only midi option that I was able to see is link to console. I selected that, then chose button activation. A window popped up asking for the midi command. I sent the command from beyond and the midi command window closed. I then closed the settings menu and re-sent the same midi command but it did not trigger the scene.

Am I missing something? I do not have a midi controller loaded in the console window, I have no idea if this is an issue or not.

Thanks
After some additional testing, not having a midi CONSOLE was causing a problem. I had to build a fake midi controller and I was able to get the scenes in the master page to trigger by sending the MIDI command from the Beyond software. However, now I have a problem manually selecting scenes in the master page. The midi controller is preventing the scenes from manually being played in the master page and I must now TRIPLE click the scene to make it play.

So now the question is, can you trigger a scene via a midi value without having to program a midi console? This is highly desirable given the triple click problem described above.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.