Skip to main content

Hey all, I'm currently using an RGBA fixture (Chauvet Slim Par Quad 12) and have a couple questions in regards to controlling the fixture with compulive.

There is no stock profile for this fixture, so I've been using the generic RGBA profile from the library. This profile gives me control of the 4th channel for amber however the colormix wheel only mixes RGB. Is there a way to use the color wheel with RGBA? Currently I create a scene with the colorwheel close to the hue I'm looking for, save that scene, then edit it where I adjust the amber channel to achieve the color I'm looking for. Is the an easier method by using the colormix wheel with amber?

Also, the master dimmer on the page works great but does not dim the amber channel. For instance, let's say the R,G,B,and A channels are all at max giving me full "white". I'll save that as a scene. If I use the page master dimmer, only the RGB channels will dim leaving the amber at full. How can I use the master dimmer to control the RGB and A channels?

I use these lights in theatrical applications to achieve a warmer white for stage wash and full dimming control would be most helpful. Any advice?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hello

unfortunately the color mix wheel only affects the RGB of the fixture. so the only way you can access the Amber function is by editing the scene you are using and adding the Amber function.

this is the reason why you cannot control the amber function with the master dimmer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.