Skip to main content

Jingles,

I am using the Sept 2009 software and something unusual has me stumped.

For example, I have a simple scene with three steps assigned to the Master page. Below that, let's assume I have four pages, each with a single channel Par.

Step 1: Par 1 on, wait 1 second
Step 2: Par 2 on, wait 1 second
Step 3: Par's 3 and 4 on

No loop (setting a loop or assinged Step 3 a 1 hour duration makes no difference to odd effect experienced)

What happens is Step 1 and 2 work fine. The problem is with Step 3, Par 3 comes on immediately as expected, but Par 4 waits few seconds before coming on. There is no step 4 and in step 3 all four pars sliders are fully on.

I cannot figure out why the program is delaying turning on Par 4. The Program successfuly reaches Step 3 which has all four pars set to turn on, but only turns 1,2 and 3 immediately. Why does the program wait a few seconds to turn on Par 4?

Full disclosure: I am programming this at home watching the action of the "red bars" in OUPUT view to verify what is happening. It may be once I get to the venue, all will be fine, but I suspect the output accurately reflects the timing of the DMX data going down the line. Therefore, there is a delay. I can't find any reason that a Step within a scene with all four sliders set to maximum, that one slider would be delayed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Bob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

bob i checked out your show. Thanks for emailing it. I get the same thing on my computer. The total scene time should be around 3.5 secs according to the fade and wait times you entered into the boxes. but when i time it myself i get around 4 seconds. This is weird and could be a bug. But however I remember that some people that have multiple pages with the same fixture in use such as your multiple par can pages it can cause weird issues. This could be the case. Let me check into this.
Sincerely,
James, Thanks for checking into this.

One clarification from your post "multiple pages with the same fixture in use". I am not exactly sure what this means. In my .ssh file, each page reflects a unique par can. Each page controls separate and distinct DMX channels from all other pages. No par can is governed by two pages, excepting the master page.

Interestingly, I deleted the offending page "White Stage" DMX channels 10-21 and recreated it. This did not solve the mysterious problem. I opened a new scene doing the reverse. All four pars are ON in Step 1, Dropping pars 1 and 2 to zero in Step 2, and dropping Par 3 and the delayed White Par 4 to zero in Step 3. Same result as before. When Step 3 is reached Par 3 is dropped, then after a delay, the White stage Par 4 finally goes to zero.

Though I deleted a recreated the page, something remains odd inside it or channels 10-21 are off.

Thanks, Bob
what i mean by that is you have more than one page containing par can profiles. Wether you rename them or they are different colors or not, it is always not recommended to use a bunch of the same type (EG. Par cans) fixture page. it is better to have them all on one fixture page. Understand?

Also I forwarded your show to our developers. He said go into your page settings for channels 22-31 and enable the speed function. i am attaching a pic.

Sincerely,
Ah, get it. All fixtures of the same type on a single page. I see now how that will be much easier to program. Great Advice! Thank you. When I open up the edit screen, is there a way to change the color of a slider header to reflect the color of the par can controlled by that channel?

I'll try enabling the speed function when I get home. What does it do? Should it be checked on for all pages? Or just certain fixture types?
James,

Outstanding!

I collapsed all the Pars down to one page and made sure the Speed box was checked and everything is in sync. I didn't intentionally check or uncheck anything so not sure what happened with that box first time around. But it's fixed and works great!

Thanks again. Your response was quick and right on the mark. Great job.

I didn't add into my earlier postings that the event is this Saturday so as to avoid coming off as a raving lunatic, because my timing is not your problem. But, now I will be ready for the event two days from now, thanks to your outstanding support. Imagine if I had no front-of-stage white spots?!?

Thank you so much.

Bob

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.