Skip to main content

Hello James,

I was wondering if there was anyway of going from scene to scene without using the cuelist function. I like to be able to have more control over what scene plays next and sometimes I want to throw up a scene not in the cuelist that I have already programed and I was wondering if I had the capabilities to do that. I am using the midicon board and i have begun to fill up the memory recall section but every time I want to jump to the next scene it gives me a mix of the 2 scenes instead of the scene I want to go to next. Any ideas?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I notice it the most with our LEDs when they transition between the two colors. It would be really cool if that feature could be added in a software update. I do think I will use stacks more often now but I do like the control of throwing an audible and choosing the next scene instead of going to the next scene in the cuelist or going back a scene. thanks for your response it is always too fast.
Jarell, I figured out some answers for you. If you go to options and in the general section there is a box with a "X" in it for Colour mix HTP. If you uncheck it this should disable the two cues colors fro mixing together.

About your two cues overlapping, you have to release the current cue just before you start the second cue. to release the cue hold down the play button for the cue until it turns red. then just before it turns red press your next cue button. Try this let me know how it works.
Sincerely,
Hey I've got a question for you. It says in the Midicon manual that the touchpad controls the global functions ie fog, strobe, blinder. But when I press I believe it is 9,10,11 respectively it does not activate the globals but instead carries out other functions. Is there any way for you guys to map out the globals for the Midicon?
The midicon *used* to control the global functions, but after a certain update (couldn't tell you which one) the midimap for the midicon changed. I personally don't use the globals, so it was a change for the better for me, but if you like the old way, I imagine you could try and get your hands on the old midimap file, or you could manually change it to fit your needs. Just look in the midimap folder of the program for midicon.xml. Next step is to open the file with a text editor. Then you have to find which midi information is linked to which button, and replace it accordingly. It might take some time, but if you look at different midimaps (some of which still have globals mapped to controls) you will eventually find the code you need, and it is simple as copy and pasting. NOTE: After you do make your own midimap, make sure you put it in the USER folder of emulation. Otherwise it will get erased when you upgrade to new versions. Hoped this helped!
Michael I am not a programmer and I am not about to go into this this 15 page code and tinker with it and hope it comes out fine on the other side. If this isn't something that you guys are willing to do that's cool but this isn't an acceptable solution. Between the software, the controller and the opto branch I have spent over 1500 dollars and I should be able to have full functionality rather than end up with a version where someone else didn't think it was important. Considering what the touch pads were replaced with it lost a ton of functionality.
believe it or not you have EVERY single install of emulation still on your computer as long as you did not uninstall and then re install from the new .exe file or .dmg.
Are you mac or windows? I know how to find it on windows but not mac. Let me know. If you figure out the release version and build you can then copy the elation.xml midi map file and back it up and continue to do so after every update.
Sincerely,
I feel like I've already responded to this question in a different thread, but the Midicon *used* to control globals on the touch sensitive keys. They changed this in one of the recent updates. To switch back to this, you have to edit the Midicon's Midimap file which can be done with a simple text editor, or you can ask the nice people at Elation to send you a midimap of the midicon from an older build. Hope this helps!

Michael Moore
Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
IntenseSL.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.