Skip to main content

Saw that you created a profile for a Kodiac. Well I have these Hampsters, supposedly 7 channel DMX. here is a link http://www.stageape.com/pages/hampster.html
Then I am having issues with the DP415. Just really want to use it as on/off. Tried a few different ssl's but just can't find the right one. Am I missing it somewhere?
Oh, intrested in getting one of these Colorverge Lights.
http://colorverge.com/product_...ead_MiniMover-15.htm
Do you think one of your ssl's will work with it?

Xavier, The X-man
New Vision Entertainment Services
Gainesville, GA
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Do you want to download the hampster profile? If so I can link you.

For the DP 415 just use a generic par 36,56, or 64 profile as you only need a single channel of control for the on/off. Then just use number of fixture would be 4 for one dp 415 set too 4 channel mode. Make sense?
Also the good people at stage ape have their own dropbox folder for their profiles and they were kind enough to link up with mine so any stage ape profiles were made by them.
Let me know exactly what you need and I'll get it to you.
Sincerely,
Man your just right on point! Yes I would like to find the right profile for the Hampster. It seems like the dip switches do not work like others in that they function a slite different. Gotcha on the Dp415, I will put that into motion the next time I do my "homework". What about the Colorverge Lights. On my way to check them out and just may by two of them (they have used ones for a LOW LOW). I really appreciate you James. Been doing the "homework" to know this software and set things up right so I am ready for my next big show. Spending toooo much money on Lights, cables etc. and just want to have it all in order, ahead of time.

Xavier, The X-Man
New Vision Entertainment
Gainesville, GA
It seems the link does not work on this Hampster. Even Unplug everything and start out with Channel 1. the dips on these hampsters are wierd. like dip 1 is red, 2 is brighter red, 3 blue, 4 brighter blue, 5 green, etc. So when I create using the download, (dip on 10 to recognize DMX Control), I get the light to "turn on" (Red), but no other colors or controls. Is it me or the light? That's the Stage-Ape Hampster.

Xavier, The X-Man,
New Vision Entertainmnet Services
Gainesville, GA
No Good. I've tried 10 on (Stage Ape on) and off. Then All other switches on and 10 off. Tried dip 1 then even setting dip switches to "DMX Channel" Address. Thats worse. Just get the Red and thats it. Glad that your on by the way and thanks again for helping out. So, better to invest in others? Still got my regular Par Cans and 2 dp415's for that stuff.
Yeah, i just sent them an email. They have this profile for the ADJ Software and I am just wondering how that works out for them. Again, Thanks for trying, How about you Matt? Any Luck?
My living room is a shambles with lights and "Stuff" but I'm determined. Don't mean to base any manufacturers BUT, if I should go to another light, I will.
Well you are gonna love this guys. Here is the answer that I got from Stage Ape=

It sounds to me like you have an old LED-86. The Hampster and the LED-86 are two different units with different dip switch settings. The LED-86 that you have can be found in our discontinued section at the bottom of our website.

http://www.stageape.com/pages/led86.html

Cheaplights.com is our American distributor and they only sell the "MY DMX" software. There are to many different brands of DMX software for us to create profiles for all of them.

Thanks for your interest in our stage lighting!

And here is the Link for it-
http://www.stageape.com/pages/led86.html

James, don't worry about trying to get me anything on this. I am getting different lights that won't have this problem (thank God I only have one).
Matt, hope you have the newer ones and that they work out for you. check out your Robe Light site as well. Nice Stuff.

Moving on. Thanks for the help and support.

Note: those Colorverge Lights are working great AND this company also has low cost but "worthy" LED's. Already checked them out and even tested them with the software at the showroom.

Xavier, The X-man
New Vision Entertainment
Gainesville, GA
That last file, I take it is for the discontinued Hampster, but is a Doc fil and the program does not recognize it. Thats the last link you put.
Now, I can't seem to do a par 36 to have 4 ch. I tried this PANEL_4 in the Abstract folder and it seems to turn things on and off but then the chase thingie I would like to assign to certain plugs. I disable the dimmer as to not fry any of the effect light that I have plug in. So I'm checking what works and doesn't to the best I can. Funny, I have colorstrip minis and that stupid hampster seems to click on every once in a while when I turn them on from the program. and there is no value set for it cuz so far I have not given it an address or even added it to my pages.
I just blank paged it for this weekend's show and edited them myself. I'll install this for them after tonight's event. Thanks again for the profile.

Their description of how to DMX address these things is crap. How about a simple "dip switch 10 turns on dmx," switches 1-9 set the fixtures address. I thought 1 & 10 had to be switched and then 2 through 9 set the address but was trying to see if switch two was value 1 or what. Blah... just buy more expensive lights... they already blink every 15 seconds or so (individually even though all of the fixtures are on the same channel). I'd skip these guys if you're considering buying and looking for reviews.

Thanks again jingles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.