Skip to main content

Hey Guys,
I'm having trouble getting my SD3 to operate as I want it to. I am trying to figure out how to create a scene that ONLY includes my conventional lights up so that it can be recorded to a playback and used later with my intels being controlled from either playbacks or live editing but still have the ability to control the conventionals on a separate fader. Everytime I record a scene with only the convents up, and clear the console out, save it to a playback, when I play it back all of my intels clear out as if their being controlled LTP. Is it even possible with this console to control conventionals separately from my intels on playback faders? Please help.

-Charles
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm not sure what's happening in your situation. This is a very basic feature that I have used as well as others without the problem you are describing. Maybe it would be helpful to call in to Elation support and talk to John Lopez in person and try to sort out what is going on.

Does the scene work correctly when you call it with the scene button instead of the playback? Make sure the "solo" button is off before testing that.
Hey Gines, (or Ken)
I called elation support 4 times. Asked for Jesus or Raphael and was asked for my number and told someone would get in touch with me. No one ever got in touch with me and I am STILL in the same dilemma. It's really starting to become a problem. I really like this console and hate to have to get rid of it because it's not able to do what I need. Please someone help me.

-Charles
Hey Gines,
I still havent figured this out the way I am used to making it work on HOG and other platforms. However, I have an idea and wanted to get you guys' opinion on that idea. I havent gotten a chance to field test this yet, but I figured I might pass a theoretical test by you. Instead of using the Flex faders or keyboard entry to set dimmer levels, I'm going to utilize the generic 32 DMX Channel fixture under the fixture profile and patch it to the necessary starting address. From there, I believe I should be able to make presets and save those to faders and set the playbacks as HTP. Does anything seem flawed in this approach? Please share your thoughts.

-Charles

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.