Skip to main content

Hi, just got my trio 1248 today. I am new to dmx but know enough about technical things that I tend to get by. I have read the elation dmx primer and totally understand the whole concept.

But I did want to ask anyone if they find the trio 1248 manual incomprehensible? As far as I can see, it is less a user guide and more of a specification. It assumes the reader understands a whole host of terms that are never explained ie what is a submaster? Also, it seems to have been written by a non-English writer.

I spent 5 hours today trying to get a simple American dj 38B led pro to work on the trio and can't get beyond basic r g and b. Can't get it to flash, cycle or anything. I assume the led profiles that the trio comes with don't work with that light so I tried to create my own profile with the editor but it is incomprehensible and not documented. I assume that if I can't get the most basic of led fixtures working then setting up my lasers, fog machines and moving lights is going to be a real hassle?

Also, does anyone find that the trio tends to freeze up every now and then and the only solution is to switch it off?

Has anyone else had the same problems? Did I buy the wrong dmx controller? Is there something I need to read?
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.