Skip to main content

I am putting together a new 8 light show... all ADJ (Profile Panels, Revo Bursts, Revo 4, Hyper Gem, Jelly Dome and a Laser). I will expand on that soon...

I am a mobile DJ doing mostly weddings and run the lights in sound-active mode most of the time... I have 2 UC3's but was thinking of getting a UC3-Wireless to run the rest... maybe even getting a second UC3-Wireless down the road...

I know nothing about DMX but wonder if getting the new Elation DMX Operator-192 would be a better idea?... since I run them in sound mode most of the time, would DMX be the way to go?... would running them in sound-active mode with a DMX board mean I would have to use the DMX mic? If so, is that a good thing or bad thing???

Let me also say that I don't want to run a software program at this time... Any input would be appreciated... I really don't know what to do...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey Tommy, I saw this post on the ADJ forums aswell. Actually you might think the DMX op 192 is supported by elation, But actually it is supported by ADJ. So no one on this forum will really be of any help unless maybe another user here has one. Just letting you know. My opinion, the DMX op will be much more suited for your fixtures than a UC3 controller. Also no when you put the fixtures in sound active mode via a DMX value they respond to their own internal mics in the fixtures themselves. The Mic in the dmx op will be used if you run a chase or a bank in sound mode rather than tempo or timed. Make sense?
Sincerely,
Thanks James... I originally put this post in the ADJ forum and after 2 days of not getting a response I thought it might be better suited here... thanks for setting me straight...

This leads me to another question... when I see the "DMX Operator-192" by American DJ as well as Elation... should I assume it's the same board with a different company name on it... so either one would be fine?....

I don't know anything about DMX so I was looking for the easy way out.. however, I guess the easy way is going DMX!... I appreciate your input and suggestion!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.