Skip to main content

Well I will start off by saying I am slightly irritated but will try not to portray that to much. I have been running compulive for a couple years and this week I lost my laptop, crashed no getting it back. Bought a new one last night, Windows 7 64 bit, so I call sales to see what we can do.
Basically, they said there will not be any upgrade pricing we have to buy it all again. It is what it is, but then I asked why they just don't update the driver for those of us that paid hundreds for it and would like the support to continue for the product, he said no one does that......actually I have updated drivers for all my software except compulive.

This is Just so everyone knows encase you were counting on trading up...I wish they would have been a little better about this as I am not paying all over again when a simple driver upgrade like all the other companies is all that is needed, and I shouldnt have to resort to downgrading my computer. I hooked up all my other programs yesterday and they all ran fine, so elation not supporting this further seems a little weak to me.

Not sure which way I am going to go here, like the software but not the price tag twice.
Original Post
Jerome, I'm sorry that you are irritated as I can imagine. I wonder who you spoke with over the phone? Perhaps email me the details of that call to jamesk at elation lighting. I do know the last time I was informed we had a upgrade pricing plan in the works. I'm not sure if that has changed but I will be more than happy to find out for sure for you.

And it is not just a simple driver update. if it was that simple we would be doing just that. I have been in contact with the developers personally and it is not just a simple update to the drivers. I'll not go into details but if it really was that simple then we would simply update the driver.
And I plan to support compu live and the new compu show for quite sometime to come now. So no we will still be supporting it. you'll still get updates, new revision dates you know? Also you do know that the Cue and show new interfaces work with both Compu live software as it is today aswell as with the new software when we release it.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.