Skip to main content

Sometimes during a show, or even while compulive isnt open, my dmx/usb unit will just "unconnect" itself from the usb port (not physically) but the icon will pop up saying "new usb interface found" and i'll have to re-install the drivers on the usb port. This has just started happening and was wondering if this has happened before.

Also, nice setup at NAMM, I was hanging around to talk to James but he was busy and I couldn't hang around for to much longer, but the impression XL's looked amazing upclose and in person, those new led bars are still not what im looking for but a nice breakthrough from the usual rgb ones~
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lol whoops, maybe it was "John"

But im using windows xp sp3, and have the 2048FC and just downloaded the software from the website about 4 months ago. The first time it happened, I was in the back of the stage and my computer was ontop of a tough box which was being continuously rattled by the bass, and during the show, someone dropped one of my fixtures, which made the control panel of the unit(the dmx led panel) fall inside the fixture and thus making it not work correctly. thats whn the unit started acting up, and the pop up window advising me to install the drivers came up. This has also happened when I was inputting to many midi-commands from my midi controller. I've mapped all my switches to a Midi-Keyboard, so i sort of "play" the lights, and when I do sometimes, I press a couple of keys very fast, in which it seems my unit just stops putting out dmx data, and I must restart the program and plug in the dmx interface again..

hope this info helps

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.