Skip to main content

I know that you should be able to use a midi footpedal with it but I have tried a midi foot pedal with a few other boards (DMX-44 and the Operator Pro) and not all of them work.

Essentially I have a customer in a band and all he wants to do is push the pedal to turn on the LED Light show (which is just a rainbow chase)push another one for blackout and another for white. That is all I need. Sounds simple but I've spent countless hours on this issue and still haven't come up with an acceptable solution. I did get the foot switch to work with the DMX-70 but the control is very clumsy. The foot switch I'm using is the roland gfc-50. I have a Elation FC-400 on the way to try out and will update if that solves the problem.

If any one has any ideas please let me know. Right now money is no real problem.

Thanks in advance,
Original Post
Djcrucial,
The Dmx Operator Pro should work with most MIDI controllers as long as you can assign the proper MIDI channel and note. Is this possible on your midi controller? If so, you should be able to trigger a programmed rainbow chase as well as a white scene or chase and black out.

AS for the FC-400, it's only 4 channels of dmx. How many channels do your LED fixtures require?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.