Skip to main content

Im wondering if there is a way to add fixtures in the visualizer without having to patch from the setup. So let's say I wanted to design a stage to match a real stage that i would use at a later date. Can i search through the scan library and add the fixtures that im hoping to use into the visualizer, or do i actually have to be plugged into the fixtures to get them to map? The problem im having is that i want to design scenes for the house lights before i get to them. Thanks!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So youre saying that if I wasn't plugged into my lights, I can still create them in the visualizer and control them just the same? As long as my addresses are the same, then theoretically i should be able to plug and play once im in front of the stage? So for example, if i knew the venue had 4 Trackspots, could I program a page for them and create scenes and positions on the visualizer that will translate directly to those fixtures once I get to the venue? Thanks!

Ben
Jingles,

Thanks for the advice! I actually found what you were talking about with adding fixtures and I've been able to get a pretty accurate stage design going! I realize its just a guide but even that is a great help! So much better to at least know the general area of the beams then crossing your fingers and hoping for the best Smiler I created the page for my fixtures too, so you were saying as long as my addresses correspond I should be able to plug in and go right? Thanks again!!!

Ben
Yup. As long as the addresses match up and the positiOns and stuff are good you should have a pretty realistic show ready to go. One thing to watch out for is the orientation of moving heads on truss. If you base your positions off a head that should be rotated 90 degrees on the truss and it's actually rotated 180 your positions will be off. Hope this helps. Happy thanksgiving.
Sincerely,
Hey James, hope your holiday was good! Got to work a bit with the viz over break and everything is working well except for the colors on some the fixtures that i added in. Every color is coming up green, and I've tried using High End Trackspots v1 and high def profiles and am having the same problem. Not that it worries me with the viz, but im more concerned that i have the right profile foe the fixtures at the venue. Is this just a glitch or do you think I may have a problem? Thanks in advance!

Ben
Yeah, its all color 1,2,etc. I don't know how to post screenshots but if you can enlighten me ill try. Also, is there a way to set the zero position so it automatically faces front. Example: when selecting the center switch, the lights all point to the back corner,not centered in front. All fixtures are set at 0 degrees but they obviously aren't. Does this make sense? Thanks!

Ben
Ben, ya those icons will only give you a green beam output. When we make the profiles if the dmx traits do not list a color like red, green, yellow,etc all we can do is put in color 1, color 2, etc icons.
You can edit the pre set switch that brings the moving head to center. Or set up your own blackout scene to the position you want.
For screen shots, what operating system are you on? it's kinda tricky in XP but in vista and 7 it is very easy, Let me know.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.